Sports Forum   |   Scoreboard   |   Contact Us   |   WinPicks Software   |   Talkstock   |   Advertise   |   Follow Us on Twitter   |   Register  |   Login 
Register to post in the sports forumDownload the ScoresLine App for Android 

Forums   Register   Profile   Inbox   Address Book   Subscribe   My Forums   Search   FAQ   Login   Log Out

Ol' School   Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Pro Sports] >> NFL and CFL >> Ol' School Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ol' School - 1/15/2020 12:41:26 AM   
Riderx

Ol' School...yep...for all of us old enough to remember & for all of us still able to remember......teams in the NFL used to win games by physically dominating their opponents...no BS...no smoke & mirrors...just line it up & punch their opponent in the mouth & in the gut in all aspects of the game...offense, defense & special teams.

In this day & age, it's really good to see that & be reminded of that by teams doing exactly that:  physically dominating their opponents.

We have seen that every now & then from teams in the past 20 years on their march to the SuperBowl.  It's not flashy...it's not sexy...unless you consider pounding your opponent into submission "sexy"...& I do.

These teams are focused.  They look straight ahead & they attack the only thing in front of them.  They don't get distracted by anything else.

We are seeing that right now with the Titans.  They don't care who their opponent is, they don't care where they have to play & they don't care that they're "not supposed to win" by all the "experts".

But what do I know...I'm just some guy...I'm not an "expert"......thank goodness...

But I do know this...the database goes back to '89 & no team has won back-to-back games as a road dog in each game while passing for less than 100-yards in each game:

Until now:  The Titans

(with all fairness, the d'b does not include playoff games until '01 & I have not looked yet at those playoff games from '89 to '00)

Anyways, I'm going to point something out that I haven't seen or heard discussed yet in the media.

Who leads the NFL in passer rating?

Tannehill...117.5

Who leads the NFL in passing yards per attempt?

Tannenhill...9.6

&

Who leads the NFL in yards per completion?

Tannehill...13.6

...just something to chew on for now...

Post #: 1
RE: Ol' School - 1/15/2020 4:21:47 PM   
SPANKY

Tannehill's stats are padded. He played AFC South opponents multiple times and rarely throws the ball more then 25 times a game. KC even without Jones will shut Henry down. Titans are not built to throw the ball as much as their gonna need to in this game. Vegas says 9.... nah I say KC -25.... KC 35 Titans 10.

(in reply to Riderx)
Post #: 2
RE: Ol' School - 1/15/2020 4:34:10 PM   
Riderx

I understand the line & the total on the Titans/Chiefs game...-7' & 50+

what I don't understand is the line on the Packers/49ers...-7' also

is that line solely based on the week 12 blowout by the 49ers over the Packers?  And if such, then it's bait for a trap to take the 49ers -7'...

because this is the Packers biggest line all season...

but if it's not bait...

Road teams w/a total more than 37 off a playoff game at home, now vs opp they lost to s/u by more than 21pts are:

0-3 s/u
   &
   0-3 ats
   &
   3-0 o/u

against the Packers +7'...on the 49ers -7' & Over 45

(in reply to Riderx)
Post #: 3
RE: Ol' School - 1/15/2020 4:51:38 PM   
Riderx

Spanky,

I appreciate the input & I wouldn't be shocked if the Chiefs blowout the Titans...afterall, it is Tennessee's 4th road game in a row.

Anyway, I took a flyer out on the Titans +2800 before last week's game @ Balty to win the SB.  It's in my Div Rd post.  Heck, it's worth a shot.

(in reply to Riderx)
Post #: 4
RE: Ol' School - 1/15/2020 5:23:57 PM   
Michelangelo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Riderx

Ol' School...yep...for all of us old enough to remember & for all of us still able to remember......teams in the NFL used to win games by physically dominating their opponents...no BS...no smoke & mirrors...just line it up & punch their opponent in the mouth & in the gut in all aspects of the game...offense, defense & special teams.

In this day & age, it's really good to see that & be reminded of that by teams doing exactly that:  physically dominating their opponents.

We have seen that every now & then from teams in the past 20 years on their march to the SuperBowl.  It's not flashy...it's not sexy...unless you consider pounding your opponent into submission "sexy"...& I do.

These teams are focused.  They look straight ahead & they attack the only thing in front of them.  They don't get distracted by anything else.

We are seeing that right now with the Titans.  They don't care who their opponent is, they don't care where they have to play & they don't care that they're "not supposed to win" by all the "experts".

But what do I know...I'm just some guy...I'm not an "expert"......thank goodness...

But I do know this...the database goes back to '89 & no team has won back-to-back games as a road dog in each game while passing for less than 100-yards in each game:

Until now:  The Titans

(with all fairness, the d'b does not include playoff games until '01 & I have not looked yet at those playoff games from '89 to '00)

Anyways, I'm going to point something out that I haven't seen or heard discussed yet in the media.

Who leads the NFL in passer rating?

Tannehill...117.5

Who leads the NFL in passing yards per attempt?

Tannenhill...9.6

&

Who leads the NFL in yards per completion?

Tannehill...13.6

...just something to chew on for now...

You're not alone, X. I love smashmouth football.

Their gonna have to beat those finesse receivers up, just like the Pats did to the "Greatest Show On Turf" in 2001 -2.

I kinda like the Chiefs team, but I'd love to see the Titans pull this off just as you described.

(in reply to Riderx)
Post #: 5
RE: Ol' School - 1/15/2020 6:46:01 PM   
NBA_trends

hey ..... yo expert querry .... can I get the last 5 years result for the second round.... who was playing last year in the second round ....for the nfc and the afc ... thanks ....

If you win it is call investing! If you lose you need to quit !

(in reply to Michelangelo)
Post #: 6
RE: Ol' School - 1/15/2020 11:19:21 PM   
dollars

oh, 

I love smashmouth football...

Very good for unders...

"You fellas gonna pull them pistols, or are ya gonna just stand there and whistle dixie?"
-Josey Wales

(in reply to NBA_trends)
Post #: 7
RE: Ol' School - 1/15/2020 11:58:22 PM   
Thomas

week=20 and season>=2014  and season,1 and H

https://sportsdatabase.com/nfl/query?sdql=week%20%3D%2020%20and%20season%20%3E%3D%202014%20and%20season%20%3D%202019%20and%20H&output=summary

Here it is by conference if you couldn't figure that out from above, lol

week=20 and season>=2014 and season,1 and H and conference

< Message edited by Thomas -- 1/16/2020 12:00:58 AM >

Tom

(in reply to dollars)
Post #: 8
RE: Ol' School - 1/16/2020 8:35:31 AM   
NBA_trends

bugsy got the niners but we still need KC ...

https://sportsdatabase.com/nfl/query?output=default&sdql=playoffs+%3D+1+and+P%3AW+and+season+%3D+P%3Aseason+and+P%3AH+and+site+%3D+home&submit=++S+D+Q+L+%21++

(in reply to Riderx)
Post #: 9
RE: Ol' School - 1/16/2020 11:11:15 PM   
Riderx

just a few more notes I'm making...looking at the weather:

21-degrees in KC...wind 11mph

60-degrees in SF...no wind

looks like the d'b only goes back to '18 on temp:

---------------------------------------------------------

And in the "here we go again" category, something we discussed here awhile back was teams that scored 5 or more times in-a-row...ala' Chiefs last week...scored 6 times in-a-row

but the research on that is unattainable with only a few days left before kickoff...

---------------------------------------------------------

of note:  Andy Reid is 0-5 s/u & 0-4-1 o/u vs the Titans at home

(in reply to NBA_trends)
Post #: 10
RE: Ol' School - 1/16/2020 11:42:07 PM   
Riderx

something I just noticed & can't believe I didn't see it before is...

Since the '02 re-align, this is only the 3rd time the home team in the NFC CC game has been favored by -7 or more:

1-1 s/u
   &
   0-2 ats

both games went to OT...
   &
   the Packers are now involved in all 3...

(in reply to Riderx)
Post #: 11
RE: Ol' School - 1/19/2020 12:11:28 AM   
dollars

And the Final Verdict is...???

"You fellas gonna pull them pistols, or are ya gonna just stand there and whistle dixie?"
-Josey Wales

(in reply to Riderx)
Post #: 12
RE: Ol' School - 1/19/2020 8:49:52 AM   
Riderx

dollars,

Still lookin' at some things, which I'll post in a bit.

The one thing that's been nagging me all week & something I have a sneaky suspicion about is this:

It's the NFL's 100th-year anniversary.  And what better way to end it than to have the Chiefs & the Packers in the SB......a throwback to the '60's, when GB & KC were in the first SB's.

I just hope there isn't any controversial bullsh*t in these 2 games today, but being the NFL:  that's highly unlikely.

Somebody needs to cut the cord to New York...

(in reply to dollars)
Post #: 13
RE: Ol' School - 1/19/2020 9:40:31 AM   
Riderx

Okay...on to my finalized plays.  I'm posting the 2nd game (NFC) first...

I think I found 2 little nuggets for this game.

What had me boon-swaggalled......all week was:  "Why are the 49ers favored by at least a TD?"

Is that line predicated on the perception that GB is that bad & SF is that good?  Or...is that line predicated on the previous match-up in which SF blewout GB at home on SNF?

More & more I've decided that is base on the latter...the blowout.

Now...I know I posted that thing about re-matches after being blownout in the earlier m/up, but I'm going against it.

First of all, even though SF was so dominant way back when they were winning SB's, they have a long history of losing Conf Champ games s/u...a boatload of them.  But that's neither here or there for right now.

#1-nugget...

With a tip of the hat to Player for making me think of this...

The Packers since the '02 re-align as a non-div conf road dog of more than +3' vs an opp that avg's more than 30 rushes per game:

2-2 s/u
   &
   4-0 ats...
   &
   3-1 o/u...the only under was 57'

total combined points scored:  58, 50, 65 & 56

play on:  Packers+7' & Over46'

2nd-nugget:

Week 20 non-div teams that allowed less than 14pts vs opp in prev same-season m/up:

0-2 s/u & ats...

play against SF- & SF m/l

play on GB+ & GB m/l

So-o-o...I'm in on GB+, GB m/l & Over

(in reply to Riderx)
Post #: 14
RE: Ol' School - 1/19/2020 10:40:43 AM   
Riderx

The first game really worries me, as I have the Titans going to & winning the SB.

But this is the NFL & the Chiefs might just blowout the Titans today......as the Titans are in their 4th straight road game without a bye & the Chiefs blasted the Texans after being down 24-0...but if the Chiefs do win, I don't have them winning by more than 4.

I have way too much stuff to post on the Titans/Chiefs game & I can't post it all.

People talk about the Titans D' being tired...after Balty had more than 90 rushes & passes combined.  What I haven't heard...at all...is the Chiefs D' might be a little frazzled after last week.

Week 20 home teams off a game in which their opp had more than 49 passes:

0-2 s/u
   &
   0-2 ats
   &
   0-2 o/u

Any team in the playoffs vs an opp whose previous 3 opp's had more than 35-wins combined:

0-6 s/u
   &
   0-6 ats
   &
   1-5 o/u

In any week, any road team w/a total of more than 38, off any game as a road dog in which their opp had more than 500 total yards of offense yet scored less than 29pts:

3-0 s/u & ats

that last one was the only dog...which went way Over the total...

Titans+7...Titans m/l...Under52

BOL to All!!!

(in reply to Riderx)
Post #: 15
RE: Ol' School - 1/19/2020 11:40:21 AM   
NBA_trends

thanks bro..... I had my eyes glue to them Titties all week.... didn't even blink if yah know what I mean... but then NFL network started to talk about how great they are and that they have beating them Chief before thus 7 points is too much... and you know what happens whey they like a team.... yeap... I think they are there to advertise for the NFL...... hey I got SF moneyline man.... later ...

(in reply to Riderx)
Post #: 16
RE: Ol' School - 1/19/2020 11:59:58 AM   
dollars

Thanks Rider, might end up with a teaser

Denny stop looking at my tits...

-Josey Wales

(in reply to NBA_trends)
Post #: 17
RE: Ol' School - 1/19/2020 1:36:50 PM   
NBA_trends

dude.... you don't even have tits ....

(in reply to dollars)
Post #: 18
RE: Ol' School - 1/19/2020 2:40:27 PM   
Thomas

quote:

ORIGINAL: NBA_trends

dude.... you don't even have tits ....

Kinda rude after only one date bro

Tom

(in reply to NBA_trends)
Post #: 19
Page:   [1]