Sports Forum   |   Scoreboard   |   Contact Us   |   WinPicks Software   |   Talkstock   |   Advertise   |   Follow Us on Twitter   |   Register  |   Login 
Register to post in the sports forumDownload the ScoresLine App for Android 

Forums   Register   Profile   Inbox   Address Book   Subscribe   My Forums   Search   FAQ   Login   Log Out

NFLX HOF Game   Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Pro Sports] >> NFL and CFL >> NFLX HOF Game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
NFLX HOF Game - 8/1/2019 4:54:53 PM   
lynchda

While football is finally here, fellas!

Been chomping at the bit to get it going so, of course, I am going to play the HOF gm as follows:

DEN/ATL un 34' (-108) (1/2 unit)

New DEN HC Vic Fangio is a defensive genius who was responsible for the Bears great D last year as their DC. And he brought his DB's coach with him from Chicago to be his DC as well. They also have a new OC.

This is Dan Quinn's 5th year as HC of the Birds, but he has new coordinators as well. Dirk Koetter is his OC who was TB's HC last year and he is actually going to call the defensive plays himself this year so he is their new DC. So not much coaching continuity here.

Read that both coaches aren't really concerned about winning this game either.

Both teams starters won't play (maybe some linemen) so no Flacco or Ryan. So Denver will trot out Kevin Hogan, who played in preseason for WAS last yr, followed by two rookies: Drew Lock and Mark Rypien. So absolutely no experience there and Hogan probably won't even make the roster.

For ATL its Matt Schaub following by Kurt Benkert who both were with the team last year so big QB edge to the Hawks, but Benkert did not have great numbers last year. Schaub was good, but not sure how motivated he will be here.

The HOF game since 2010 has gone 5-2 to the under (no games in 2011 or 2016) with an avg total score of 30.3.

And last year ATL scored 27 total points in the entire preseason!

Was thinking of taking ATL but Quinn is 5-11 SU and 7-9 ATS in NFLX and 0-8 SU & ATS the last 2 yrs!. Also this game opened with ATL being around a 2 pt fav and now they are getting 2'?? That's a huge swing especially for a preseason game so maybe somebody smarter than me knows something. I don't think that the public was moving that line.

So, with all the new coaches, defensive minded DEN, (expected) sub-par QB play and Atlanta's poor history, I am going under.

Good luck!!

Dave
Post #: 1
RE: NFLX HOF Game - 8/4/2019 2:44:45 PM   
Sam Ace Rothstein

gl dave and everybody else also

good start

(in reply to lynchda)
Post #: 2
RE: NFLX HOF Game - 8/5/2019 6:37:08 PM   
lynchda

Thanks Sam!