Sports Forum   |   Scoreboard   |   Contact Us   |   WinPicks Software   |   Talkstock   |   Advertise   |   Follow Us on Twitter   |   Register  |   Login 
Register to post in the sports forumDownload the ScoresLine App for Android 

Forums   Register   Profile   Inbox   Address Book   Subscribe   My Forums   Search   FAQ   Login   Log Out

DIRTYDOG's Sunday College Hoops......good luck to all!!!   Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [College Sports] >> College Basketball >> DIRTYDOG's Sunday College Hoops......good luck to all!!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DIRTYDOG's Sunday College Hoops......good luck to all!!! - 3/3/2019 10:48:40 AM   
DIRTYDOG

Hello my friends.....

Just finished handicapping the Sunday College Hoops card and realized that its 1240 est time right now and one of the three plays I like is set to tip off at 1300 (1 pm est)......sooooo.....I will hurry up and post some quick thoughts on this contest and then make another post with the other two Sunday plays I like.

CHARLOTTE -2.5 over Texas El Paso.....The Miners of Texas El Paso have been the installed favorite in the past three meetings vs Charlotte and have been the favorites in 7 of the past 8 get togethers overall, however, these two teams have split 4-4 straight up in those last 8 head to head meetings.

Neither team is going anywhere as Charlotte is 6-19 straight up overall and El Paso is 8-18 and both teams have looked like dog shit coming down the stretch with equal marks of 1-5 straight up over their last six outings, with all being said thus far....why is Charlotte the installed favorite in this contest?

The answer is quite simple, when neither team has a chance to extend their season you go with the home team which is playing on their home court and hope they show some pride, this has been a pretty close conference rivalry and with that being said I think the odds maker is pointing us in the right direction.....give me CHARLOTTE -2.5 over Texas El Paso.

Good luck!!

Jim

Jim Campbell
Post #: 1
RE: DIRTYDOG's Sunday College Hoops......good luck to a... - 3/3/2019 11:17:57 AM   
DIRTYDOG

Hello my friends....

The second contest I like off this weeks Sunday College Hoop card tips off at 1400 (2 pm est) and involves a home team with everything to play for versus a road team that is playing their final regular game of the season and simply wants to get it over with so they can clean out their lockers and settle in to watch how other teams do in the upcoming March Madness Melee.

The Quinnipiac Braves lead the Metro AA conference with straight up marks of 16-12 overall and 11-6 in conference action and in their final regular season home game get to face a Manhattan Jasper team that owns a record of 9-20 straight up overall, the home town Braves need this win to cement their conference title as Rider is nipping at their heels with their straight up marks of 16-13 overall and 10-7 in conference play.

So we can fully expect the home town Braves to come to play and they should have a good home town crazy bunch in the stands cheering them on, on the flip side of things, visiting Manhattan has nothing to play for and once down on the scoreboard will in all likelihood fold like a cheap suit. Home town Quinnipiac has defeated Manhattan 4 of the past 5 times they have visited and posted a mark of 4-1 ATS in those games. Give me QUINNIPIAC -7.5 over Manhattan.

Take care and be well my friends

Jim

Jim Campbell

(in reply to DIRTYDOG)
Post #: 2
RE: DIRTYDOG's Sunday College Hoops......good luck to a... - 3/3/2019 4:05:16 PM   
DIRTYDOG

Hello my friends...

Well, I split out my first two plays so I need to cash this third play in order to have a winning day, with that in mind lets get it going with a contest between two teams that reside in the Big Ten conference and to be a little more specific it will be between two cellar dwellers that reside in the Big Ten.

Back on January 6th of this year Northwestern as a -7.5 point favorite played host to the Fighting Illini and when the smoke cleared the Wildcats got the 68-66 straight up win but it was Illinois that cashed the ticket. As mentioned already, neither team in this contest has set the world on fire as Northwestern brings an overall seasonal mark of 12-16 to town with them while the hometown Illini have a worst record of 10-18 to date.

However, if recent events can tell us anything, its that the Wildcats of Northwestern have tossed in the proverbial towel while the hometown Illini appear to still be playing hard. This is best evidenced by the fact that Northwestern is 0-6 straight up and 1-5 ATS in their last six outings while the Fighting Illini are 3-3 straight up and ATS in their last six and are 5-4 straight up and ATS over their last nine contests and that includes straight up wins over the likes of Ohio State, Michigan State, Nebraska, and Maryland.

Four of the past five meetings between these two teams have taken place at Northwestern and it was Northwestern that was installed as the betting favorite in each of the last five get togethers, however, it was these Fighting Illini that cashed all five tickets and it has been the Illini that has cashed the past seven straight vs Northwestern and cashed 11 of the last 14 overall.

The past two visits to Champaign ILL did not turn out so well for Northwestern as they ended up leaving town with losses of 50-66 and 60-86 dangling from around their collective necks and I think we will see more of the same here. Give me ILLINOIS -4.5 over Northwestern.

Take care and good luck!!

Jim

< Message edited by DIRTYDOG -- 3/3/2019 4:06:19 PM >

Jim Campbell

(in reply to DIRTYDOG)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [College Sports] >> College Basketball >> DIRTYDOG's Sunday College Hoops......good luck to all!!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 Unicode