Sports Forum   |   Scoreboard   |   Contact Us   |   WinPicks Software   |   Talkstock   |   Advertise   |   Follow Us on Twitter   |   Register  |   Login 
Register to post in the sports forumDownload the ScoresLine App for Android 

Forums   Register   Profile   Inbox   Address Book   Subscribe   My Forums   Search   FAQ   Login   Log Out

Congrats to the Patriots & their fans   Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Pro Sports] >> NFL and CFL >> Congrats to the Patriots & their fans Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Congrats to the Patriots & their fans - 2/4/2019 10:23:16 PM   
Riderx

First of all, I don't hate.  But I along with many others had reached 'burn-out'.  Burnt out on the Patriots.

Variety is the spice of life & in this life the Patriots have become 'ol spice.  btw...wtf is shave butter?  Butter belongs on biscuits & baked potatos, not your d*mn body...  Butter on my balls?...No thank you...  But I digress.

This was the first SB in almost fifty years of watching the SB that I had zero interest in at all.  But the more I kept digging, the more indications were that this game was going to go 'under', with alot of defense.  So I started to get interested because I love good defense.

And we got great defense, from both teams.  A SB tied 3-3 going into the 4th-Qtr?  Wow.  I know alot of people did not like that, but I thought it was awesome.

And 9 times out of 10, if a team holds the Patriots to under 14pts., that team will win.  Heck, the Patriots were 0-3 s/u this year when held to less than 14pts.

So I have to admit, that was special.

Both teams were in a physical, hard-fought defensive battle where points were at an extreme premium.

There was only one time when either team was in the red-zone.  That's stout.  That's bad-*ss.

Both teams can hold their heads up high for their defensive performance.

Much respect.

Post #: 1
RE: Congrats to the Patriots & their fans - 2/5/2019 8:31:55 AM   
Thomas

Agree on all John aside from getting tired of the Patriots, what should be burning you out is all the teams in the league not being able to keep pace with these guys given the same resources. I hope they win 6 more myself if no one can do better, I say tough ! Those who didn't appreciate that game don't understand good football imo and don't get me wrong I do like a good shoot out here and there but as you alluded to this was pretty good defensive showing.

Tom

(in reply to Riderx)
Post #: 2
RE: Congrats to the Patriots & their fans - 2/5/2019 2:47:13 PM   
Michelangelo

Thanks, John.

A defensive battle like that is such a rare gem these days. Any one play, offensive or defensive, could have turned that game.

I was on the edge of my seat until Gostkowski kicked his second field goal to put the Pats up by 10 with 1:16 to go. Even that wasn't without it's drama as he had already missed one and got his first just inside the uprights.

I think that a lot of people tuned in, not to watch a great game, but to watch a great player, Tom Brady, validate his greatness. Those people were disappointed. But if you tuned in to see two teams play a heavyweight football game, you got it.

That was one great, seat squirming, game.

(in reply to Thomas)
Post #: 3
RE: Congrats to the Patriots & their fans - 2/5/2019 8:18:46 PM   
Hawaiian Degenerate

Congrats to Pats fans and those who bet on them. "The Kid", Mcvay was taken to school by Bellichick. Just a masterful game plan on defense. Kudos to Wade Phillips for getting his defensive unit to live up to their potential the last 3 games. Goff and Gurley just couldn't rise to the occasion. Rams had their chances, but couldn't get it done. I'm still proud of my team, though. They've come along way in a short time. Onwards and upwards!

Good coaches win. Great coaches cover.

(in reply to Michelangelo)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Pro Sports] >> NFL and CFL >> Congrats to the Patriots & their fans Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 Unicode