Sports Forum   |   Scoreboard   |   Contact Us   |   WinPicks Software   |   Talkstock   |   Advertise   |   Follow Us on Twitter   |   Register  |   Login 
Register to post in the sports forumDownload the ScoresLine App for Android 

Forums   Register   Profile   Inbox   Address Book   Subscribe   My Forums   Search   FAQ   Login   Log Out

Super Bowl by the Drop   Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Pro Sports] >> NFL and CFL >> Super Bowl by the Drop Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Super Bowl by the Drop - 2/1/2019 1:44:58 PM   
life by the drop

Well...I thought that the Conference Championship Games were pretty much a toss up so I took the points and somehow cashed. Obviously, the Saints and Chiefs could have just as easily been lining up on Sunday.....so why aren't they you ax?

Andy Reid aka The Burger Killer showed his stripes again in a big game. He started his window licking with the coin toss. He wins the toss and elects to defer putting his putrid 31st ranked defense on the field first. I guess he wanted to get behind early and take the crowd out of it.
What a shocker...NE goes 15 plays in 8:05 and punches it in for a 7 point lead while Mahomes freezes his ass off on the bench. KC gets the ball and Andy's ingenious game plan is revealed. "Go get em Kid"....He doesn't.

Fast Forward....finally the kid gets going in the 4th and puts up a whopping 24 points...IN ONE QUARTER against the greatest coach of all time. NE took a 3 pt lead with 00:39 left in regulation but they couldn't stop the Chiefs from driving 48 yards in 29 secs for a game tying fg.
Pats win the toss...game over. If the Chiefs win the toss???

The Patriots won that game by converting on a million 3rd downs and controlling the time of possession 43:59 to 20:53 against a horrible defense that could not get off of the field.

IMO this Patriots team is very beatable. In the regular season, NE was favored in all 8 games away from Gillette this season and they lost 5 of those outright and not one of those teams made the playoffs. I'm not much into trends but...the Patriots are 1-5 ATS in the Super Bowls as favorites.

So How about the Rams you ax?
Rams got down 13-0 early in the Superdome. Not a great start but they rallied and held the Saints offense to just 160 yards the rest of the game and OT. They got here by holding two of the best rushing teams (Dallas and NO) to 2.3 yds/rush and a grand total of 98 rushing yards.
The D Line is legit. Yeah..they benefited from the non PI call but WTF was Sean Payton doing throwing the ball anyway. He could have run the ball 3 times and kicked the fg from inside the 13 and left the Rams with less than a minute a no timeouts to get into fg range. To the Rams credit...NO won the toss in OT and the Rams got the stop. Game over. The Rams out gained New Orleans 378-290. They deserve to be here.

Another little stat on the Rams defense this season....In the 8 games with Aqib Talib, the Rams allowed 17 PPG. In the 8 games without him, they allowed 31 PPG.

I don't believe that Brady will be able to sit back there, make a sammich, watch his receivers run uncontested and play eeny meeny miny mo like he has done the past 2 weeks. Will Gronk have an effect on the game? Doubt it...they need his big ass to stay in and help block Suh and Co. Edelman? he is great but the Rams will bracket him like they did Michael Thomas. Devlin is a different kind of animal and may be more dangerous in this one than people may think but he ain't likely to outrun anybody.

Now the line.... Most of Vegas books look locked in to less than 3. That to me is inviting $$$ on the Brady and Bellichick they won't lose 2 Super Bowls in a row crowd.

At the beginning of the year...I thought the Rams were the most complete team in the league. They lost Cupp and Talib for part of the year but I still think they are the best overall team. I think they are a very live dog and my $$ is on em..

LA Rams +2.5 -105
LA Rams ML +120
Goff MVP +190

GL ladies

< Message edited by life by the drop -- 2/1/2019 1:46:31 PM >

smartchicken
can't you ban this sumbitch
ain't got a lickolearning
lordy lordy lordy

......Butermlksky
Post #: 1
RE: Super Bowl by the Drop - 2/1/2019 3:57:01 PM   
RalphZero

This game should be the most significant game in Wade Phillips's career.

For Wade Phillips, this game will be the most significant in his career.
He's very close to retiring.

This game will define his ability to coach against Brady and the Pats in the Super Bowl.
He must know this.

His defenses have stopped the Pats before.

Good defenses stop good offenses.

I'm thinking
Rams 29
Patriots 21

(in reply to life by the drop)
Post #: 2
RE: Super Bowl by the Drop - 2/1/2019 4:19:06 PM   
life by the drop

Gotta love son of a bum

They asked him how he was gonna stop NE.
He said he was gonna give Tony Romo an earpiece so he could hear what Play was coming.

smartchicken
lordy lordy lordy

......Butermlksky

(in reply to RalphZero)
Post #: 3
RE: Super Bowl by the Drop - 2/2/2019 8:32:00 AM   
Michelangelo

Damn. Great writeup for a guy named Dropsy.

Only thing I have to ax is how did the word ax make it's way from New York Shitty all the way down to a little bitty pond in Big Bad Texas. Never mind, I just saw it when I typed Texas. It's right in the damned state name if you're just a teeny weeny bit dyslexic.

Post #: 4
RE: Super Bowl by the Drop - 2/3/2019 1:45:05 PM   
NBA_trends

I concure! I like over 3.5 field goals with that in mind I love the under $$$$ good luck $$$$

If you win it is call investing! If you lose you need to quit !

Post #: 5
RE: Super Bowl by the Drop - 2/3/2019 2:13:42 PM   
life by the drop

Moron 5 does some political crap supporting Kapernick at halftime. -1150

smartchicken
lordy lordy lordy

......Butermlksky

(in reply to NBA_trends)
Post #: 6