Sports Forum   |   Scoreboard   |   Contact Us   |   WinPicks Software   |   Talkstock   |   Advertise   |   Follow Us on Twitter   |   Register  |   Login 
Register to post in the sports forumDownload the ScoresLine App for Android 

Forums   Register   Profile   Inbox   Address Book   Subscribe   My Forums   Search   FAQ   Login   Log Out

Kentucky cheated!   Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [College Sports] >> College Football >> Kentucky cheated! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Kentucky cheated! - 1/2/2019 4:55:41 AM   
sacker17

I attended the Citrus Bowl and noticed that in 2H EVERY time PSU had a drive going and momentum and right after a BIG play, a Kentucky defensive player faked an injury and/or a cramp and laid on the ground to
1. Stop PSU momentum
2. Give a gassed Kentucky defense a breather on a hot Orlando day.

EACH time the Kentucky player returned to the lineup after the mandatory 1 play leave the game rule.
This rule should be changed to have a player leave game for 1 full drive!
Yes Kentucky played within the rules, but the rule sucks. If more teams pulled this crap maybe the rule would be changed.

The last time Kentucky used this trick was on PSU final drive which ended with a FG with 4 minutes to go. McSorley had just thrown a 20 yard pass to the TE to get PSU in the red zone and Kentucky player (#6) laid on ground to get defense a breather and stop PSU momentum.

I said to my son, “watch he will
Come back in next play”, and sure enough he did just as the other fraudsters had done.
Post #: 1
RE: Kentucky cheated! - 1/2/2019 10:44:59 AM   
PIX2CLICK

====

FIRST I'VE EVER HEARD OF CHEATING ….. INSIDE THE RULES

I'VE SEEN THIS PLOY BY MANY TEAMS DOWN SOUTH

TOUGH LOSS FOR YOU

====

< Message edited by PIX2CLICK -- 1/2/2019 10:45:32 AM >

==== THE BIG BOSS HAS OFFICIALLY LISTED OL' PIX AS DTD (DAY TO DAY) ====

(in reply to sacker17)
Post #: 2
RE: Kentucky cheated! - 1/5/2019 8:47:50 AM   
sacker17

Pix

Catchy title to thread but I do agree it was within the rules BUT the rules need to be changed.
It was a tough loss as I was rooting for PSU as my son is a PSU Junior. I didn't bet PSU because I wouldn't bet a Big Ten team against a SEC team and lay 6 points.
In fact I said to my son, I'd take the points IF I bet.

Kentucky "cheated" by taking over-advantage of the rules. To pull that crap 3x in the 4Q and most importantly on PSU final drive after big play to get in red zone...well that was unfair.
Unfair to PSU and
Unfair to the fans who sit there in the stands(me) and wait for over 5 minutes each time they pull that crap and we wait for play to resume, while the gassed D of Kentucky gets a breather and stops the mojo of PS.
If a guy is legitimately injured he will sit more than 1 play. Each time the Kentucky player came right back in.

Rules should change to have a charged Timeout (like NFL) or player sits remainder of the drive.
The way it is now is ridiculous

(in reply to sacker17)
Post #: 3
RE: Kentucky cheated! - 1/5/2019 10:50:08 AM   
SPANKY

Guys I watched this game. I didn't wager on it, but I thought Penn St was going to win. I completely disagree that what Kentucky was clearly doing cost Penn St the game. This Penn St team was over rated through out the whole season. James Franklin is not the guru coach people think he is. Trace Mcsorley has not been 100% most of the year and losing Sequan Barkley took away about 75% of Penn St offense. Fact is Penn St walked into this game over confident and Kentucky played the under dog card once again like they did most of the year. What lost this game for Penn St was getting outscored 27-7 through the first three quarters. Don't let your opponent outscore you by 20 and try to mount a comeback in the 4th quarter and you may find yourself on the winning side of this game at the end, which I would have appreciated so I didn't have to see some dumbass kid pull up his jersey and show me a tattoo "Snell Yeah" sorry son my words of advice when thinking of getting that would of been "Snell No!"

(in reply to sacker17)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [College Sports] >> College Football >> Kentucky cheated! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 Unicode