Sports Forum   |   Scoreboard   |   Contact Us   |   WinPicks Software   |   Talkstock   |   Advertise   |   Follow Us on Twitter   |   Register  |   Login 
Register to post in the sports forumDownload the ScoresLine App for Android 

Forums   Register   Profile   Inbox   Address Book   Subscribe   My Forums   Search   FAQ   Login   Log Out

just wondering   Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sports Handicapping Resources] >> WinPicks Software Forum >> just wondering Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
just wondering - 8/6/2018 2:52:17 PM   
moze

In my 70's... bought my first WinPicks on a 3 1/2" floppy about 25 to 30 years ago. (paid extra for the stat disk)… back then it was a very simple, fun to use, program. We are now in the space rocket age.... WinPicks has more features than my dog has ticks walking the woods. WinPicks can do anything/everything. Quite frankly it has become complicated. Has Microbrothers considered some YouTube videos of a professional gambler using the program... explaining his thought process... explaining the features he finds most important and those that he considers window dressing... also explaining if he finds rolling 6 weeks or 12 weeks, or season to date most reliable as a database... IOW, it would be VERY helpful to view a knowledgeable gambler actually using the program and winning money... also explaining the pitfalls of formulas going south... so much I could learn by some tutorial videos... thanx.
Post #: 1
RE: just wondering - 9/13/2018 4:16:51 AM   
Dr. G

moze,

I have been using MB formulas for over twenty years. During this time, I have created profitable formulas that I use to invest in sports. The biggest problem with the MB formulas is optimization.

Through the MB software, you are able to make a formula more profitable (or profitable at all) which is both good and bad. It is good if you created the formula on data several years back, and then apply the formula to unseen data and it shows about the same profitability as on the data that was used to optimize the formula.

My advice, make sure your formulas are robust and robust means that the formula was optimized on past data and then walked-forward. My formulas are extremely consistent in terms of net units won year in and year out.

Best,

Dr. G
Las Vegas

(in reply to moze)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sports Handicapping Resources] >> WinPicks Software Forum >> just wondering Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 Unicode