Sports Forum   |   Scoreboard   |   Contact Us   |   WinPicks Software   |   Talkstock   |   Advertise   |   Follow Us on Twitter   |   Register  |   Login 
Click here to register for the sports forumClick here to download the FREE ScoresLine App for Android 

Forums   Register   Profile   Inbox   Address Book   Subscribe   My Forums   Search   FAQ   Login   Log Out

Behind the Bets - Championship Monday   Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [College Sports] >> College Football >> Behind the Bets - Championship Monday Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Behind the Bets - Championship Monday - 1/8/2018 9:39:11 AM   
Sam Ace Rothstein

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=21973691
Post #: 1
RE: Behind the Bets - Championship Monday - 1/8/2018 9:54:03 AM   
djlocks1

Trying to pick a side for the cfb contest. Good reading SAR. I have seen many times in the past where a team lights up someone on the scoreboard then comes back the following week against a team with a great defense and gets shut down.

Time to get on a roll .............

(in reply to Sam Ace Rothstein)
Post #: 2
RE: Behind the Bets - Championship Monday - 1/8/2018 9:55:36 AM   
Sam Ace Rothstein

Seen that a lot also, I want to side with the better D, but I don't get the line movement against the consensus.

(in reply to djlocks1)
Post #: 3
RE: Behind the Bets - Championship Monday - 1/8/2018 10:06:58 AM   
djlocks1

The line and total almost the same as the Clemson game last week.

Bama was favored by 6.5 in the last two championship games but did not cover the spread. The total was about a TD higher and both games went over the total.

Post #: 4
RE: Behind the Bets - Championship Monday - 1/8/2018 10:11:29 AM   
djlocks1

I went back and looked at the history of the BCS Championship game and two games with the line and total about the same went to the favorite and the over. Alabama over Texas and LSU over Ohio State.

(in reply to djlocks1)
Post #: 5
RE: Behind the Bets - Championship Monday - 1/8/2018 1:19:51 PM   
teamfball

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sam Ace Rothstein

http://www.espn.com/chalk/insider/story/_/id/21960469/college-football-playoff-betting-guide-alabama-georgia

Fallica: Alabama's defense put forth a herculean effort against Clemson in the Sugar Bowl, completely dominating the Tigers. But there are still some concerns with how Alabama's offense will fare versus Georgia's defense, which is pretty comparable to Clemson's. Against Clemson, Alabama's offense was actually worse that it was against Auburn, posting season-lows in yards (261) and yards per play (3.95) and saw nearly a third of its plays go for zero or negative yards. It scored two TDs in 12 drives (had two in 11 drives vs. Auburn).

I realize a lot of that could have been a result of the Tide nursing a lead and relying on that stout defense, but I think Georgia right now has more answers offensively than Clemson did. Nick Chubb, Sony Michel and D'Andre Swift are better at RB than what Clemson had, and Jake Fromm has been playing at a high level most of the season, and he was fantastic in the Rose Bowl. Couple that with Georgia's defense, and this should be a much tougher game for Alabama than the semifinal.

I'm well aware you have to go back to LSU in 2011 to find the last time a pro-style, two-back offense beat Nick Saban at Alabama, but I think this could be another instance of that happening. One of the most overhyped numbers in this game is the Nick Saban is 11-0 versus former assistants mark. In those 11 games, Bama was favored by an average of 17 points per game; those games should have been blowouts, and were. This is a totally different animal and the line reflects that.

Saban won a national title in Year 3 at Alabama. His former assistant Kirby Smart beats the Tide on Monday night and gets one in Year 2 behind a solid defense, just enough offense and a big FG by Rod Blankenship.

Interesting, copy and job from north of the border.
http://sportswagers.ca/ncaaf/
I'm assuming Fillica is the true author............

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [College Sports] >> College Football >> Behind the Bets - Championship Monday Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 Unicode