Sports Forum   |   Scoreboard   |   Contact Us   |   WinPicks Software   |   Talkstock   |   Advertise   |   Follow Us on Twitter   |   Register  |   Login 
Click here to register for the sports forumClick here to download the FREE ScoresLine App for Android 

Forums   Register   Profile   Inbox   Address Book   Subscribe   My Forums   Search   FAQ   Login   Log Out

Thursdays Bowls   Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [College Sports] >> College Football >> Thursdays Bowls Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Thursdays Bowls - 12/28/2017 8:42:07 AM   
JUSTWINBABY

Bowls 17-11 +18.5 units

Navy-1(3 units) He who runneth the ball wins the bowl game... That has been happening so why change it up... Navy is 2nd running the ball this year and Virginia is a terrible 125th running it.... On D, Navy is 66 stopping the run and Virginia is 82nd on defense...

Navy Coach shaking things up...In order to snap Navy out of its funk, Niumatalolo took a different approach to postseason preparation. Normally the Mids take it relatively easy during the lead-up to bowls, practicing in shells and going non-contact. That was not the case this year as the coaching staff wanted the players to unleash their frustration by hitting.

“We want to go out the right way so we were in pads the whole time and lifted every day. That’s something we’ve never done before,” Niumatalolo said. “We really got after it from a physical standpoint, which is totally opposite from my usual approach to bowl games. I’ve tried to treat bowl games as a reward.”

Niumatalolo said Navy has never practiced and lifted weights on the same day at any point during a season.

“That’s kind of a new thing we tried to do this time around. We’ll see if it works. If our guys have no legs in the game tomorrow it was a bad plan,” he said with a chuckle.

John 3:16

Post #: 1
RE: Thursdays Bowls - 12/28/2017 9:51:59 AM   
JUSTWINBABY

VT+(?) 4 units... 6 1/2 right now waiting for the +7... Ok, Let me do some convincing here.... Ok St is one of the highest bet team in the bowls... Sure they are scary... Look at who they lost to this year and how they lost...TCU (31-44), Oklahoma (52-62), and Kansas State (40-45).. Basically Run Defense beat them..TCU has the number 19 overall defense with 329 YPG and they have the 75th passing defense at 228.7 YPG... Texas Christian boasts the No. 4 overall rushing defense, allowing only 99.8 YPG, an average of 2.8 yards, and only six total TDs on the year! Yep TCU pass defense is bad but the running defense is very good... The Sooners with the No. 57 overall defense (385 YPG) and the No. 88 passing defense (240.6 YPG)....Bad Pass defense BUT middle tier Run D @ 40th....Kansas State..98th overall defense (432 YPG), and the 129th, GULP, passing defense (310.2 YPG)....Yet Kansas State checks in with the No. 18 overall rushing defense! These Bowls are being won on the better Running defenses, Yes I should have played Iowa yesterday and I would have picked every side correctly.. This game Tech has the # 15th Rush defense in the land! Ok State is not bad looking at the number in 27th but keep in mind alot of teams had to abandon the run to keep pace with that offense... One Final thought is sacks...QB pressure also is of interest. TCU ranks at No. 5 (tied) with 41 sacks on the season, Oklahoma and Kansas State are both tied at No. 63 with 24, and Texas is tied with multiple teams at No. 36 with 30. TCU scored three sacks and two QB hurries. Oklahoma also had three sacks, but only one QB hurry. Kansas State had the most with four sacks, but only one QB hurry. Texas(almost beat them!) had two sacks and one QB hurry. That is 12 sacks total. Mason Rudolph has only been sacked 21 times this season. 57% of his sacks came in the three games that OKST lost and the one they almost lost.... VT checks in at 37th averages almost 2 1/2 sacks a game..Throw in special teams and Tech has the tools to win this game su..

(in reply to JUSTWINBABY)
Post #: 2
RE: Thursdays Bowls - 12/28/2017 10:12:16 AM   
JUSTWINBABY

locked in VT @+7

TCU-3(3 units) TCU owns the 4th best run D and is 52nd on Offense running... Stanford is 71st stopping the run and 30th running it...

Mich st-3(5 units) Mich st is 5th stopping the run and 66th running it.... Wash St is 44th on defense against the run and a horrible 128th running the ball..

Post #: 3
RE: Thursdays Bowls - 12/28/2017 10:59:02 AM   
bt_phins

I'm with you on 3 so far, JWB. Locked in Navy, TCU and Mich St last night. Mich St is my favorite on the day too. Still noodling on the VT game. Don't really have a good feel on that one.

< Message edited by bt_phins -- 12/28/2017 11:06:14 AM >

Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [College Sports] >> College Football >> Thursdays Bowls Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll