Sports Forum   |   Scoreboard   |   Contact Us   |   WinPicks Software   |   Talkstock   |   Advertise   |   Follow Us on Twitter   |   Register  |   Login 
Click here to register for the sports forumClick here to download the FREE ScoresLine App for Android 

Forums   Register   Profile   Inbox   Address Book   Subscribe   My Forums   Search   FAQ   Login   Log Out

RE: Michelangelo dad   Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: lynchda
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Pro Sports] >> NFL and CFL >> RE: Michelangelo dad Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Michelangelo dad - 12/7/2017 10:15:45 AM   
NBA_trends

My Condolences to you too Mich !

If you win it is call investing! If you lose you need to quit !

(in reply to PIX2CLICK)
Post #: 21
RE: Michelangelo dad - 12/7/2017 12:52:45 PM   
Michelangelo

Hi guys,

You guys are the best. Thanks to my mush friend, Jerry, for the post. He and I laugh a lot. Alot a lot. I wish you guys could meet him. He is the best.

My dad was 98 years. He was a hard working, no nonsense guy. He had seven kids and a wife to provide for. He became an expert in carbide cutting tools and precision measuring instruments during WW II while helping to make aircraft engines for GE and started his own business when I was still kicking the cradle. He and my mom (97 with late stage alzheimers) taught us morality, discipline, respect, how to work hard, sacrifice, courage, and modesty. They also pushed us to get educated.

My dad had a manhattan with dinner every night. Other than that he never, gambled, drank, did drugs, or cheated on my mom. The guy was always working. Except for when he stopped to go to Red Sox games or scream at the TV when the Saturday Evening fights were on or when Jimmy Brown toted the rock for the Browns. Ted Williams was his favorite baseball player and Jimmy Brown was his favorite football player. When his business was going good he had season's tickets to the Red Sox. He used to take my brother and I to Fenway at night. We'd get a bag of peanuts from a guy who had a pushcart outside the park. Same guy every time. Me, my brother, and my father would share that bag of peanuts, cracking the shells with our teeth and discarding them on the ground under our sears. We were in baseball heaven. Walking up that ramp to the huge light stanchions splashing light that made the grass greener than anything I had ever seen, was a breathtaking experience etched in my mind forever. The left field wall. The Green Monster, was so big and intimidating that we would go to sleep dreaming of being big and strong enough to one day be able to hit a baseball that would clear it. Thanks dad for those vivid memories.

I could go on and on but there's a little slice of me and my dad.

He went to "eternal rest" as Marty put it, peacefully, dying simply from conjestive heart failure brought on by old age. THey medicated him for the past several days. He felt no pain. I'm sure God saved a special seat for him next to Ruth, Mantle, Piersall, DiMaggio, Yogi, Yaztremski and Williams. They're in the sky boxes trading stories and waiting for spring training to begin.

Hope that's not too much information.

Thanks to my Talksport brothers for the kind words, thoughts, prayers, and beads of wisdom. You guys are the bestest.

(in reply to NBA_trends)
Post #: 22
RE: Michelangelo dad - 12/7/2017 1:28:50 PM   
North Ender

Well said Michelangelo!

(in reply to Michelangelo)
Post #: 23
RE: Michelangelo dad - 12/7/2017 1:43:37 PM   
dollars

A good man there...

"You fellas gonna pull them pistols, or are ya gonna just stand there and whistle dixie?"
-Josey Wales

(in reply to North Ender)
Post #: 24
RE: Michelangelo dad - 12/7/2017 1:47:11 PM   
Wiseeagle

So sorry to hear about your loss, Jim. May your father rest in peace and may God bless his soul.

(in reply to dollars)
Post #: 25
RE: Michelangelo dad - 12/7/2017 2:22:34 PM   
JUSTWINBABY

Sorry For Your Loss Jim, It sounds like he had a great long life!

John 3:16

(in reply to Wiseeagle)
Post #: 26
RE: Michelangelo dad - 12/7/2017 3:18:22 PM   

My prayers for you and family.

(in reply to JUSTWINBABY)
Post #: 27
RE: Michelangelo dad - 12/7/2017 3:49:35 PM   
Side Job

SOOO SOrry for your Loss Jim..HenSounded Like a GREAT-GREAT DAD.
He taught you personally his views, And I can say EVERY GREAT THING you Brought up about your Dad....I SEE in YOU ...Your a CLASS ACT and ONE of the BEST GUYS .

- Like Father Like son, is the FIRST thing I thought of when I read your Thoughts of your DAD
GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY !!!!
Tcare my Friend, Mark

(in reply to jerryslowball)
Post #: 28
RE: Michelangelo dad - 12/7/2017 3:55:20 PM   
I/O

quote:

ORIGINAL: Michelangelo

Hi guys,

You guys are the best. Thanks to my mush friend, Jerry, for the post. He and I laugh a lot. Alot a lot. I wish you guys could meet him. He is the best.

My dad was 98 years. He was a hard working, no nonsense guy. He had seven kids and a wife to provide for. He became an expert in carbide cutting tools and precision measuring instruments during WW II while helping to make aircraft engines for GE and started his own business when I was still kicking the cradle. He and my mom (97 with late stage alzheimers) taught us morality, discipline, respect, how to work hard, sacrifice, courage, and modesty. They also pushed us to get educated.

My dad had a manhattan with dinner every night. Other than that he never, gambled, drank, did drugs, or cheated on my mom. The guy was always working. Except for when he stopped to go to Red Sox games or scream at the TV when the Saturday Evening fights were on or when Jimmy Brown toted the rock for the Browns. Ted Williams was his favorite baseball player and Jimmy Brown was his favorite football player. When his business was going good he had season's tickets to the Red Sox. He used to take my brother and I to Fenway at night. We'd get a bag of peanuts from a guy who had a pushcart outside the park. Same guy every time. Me, my brother, and my father would share that bag of peanuts, cracking the shells with our teeth and discarding them on the ground under our sears. We were in baseball heaven. Walking up that ramp to the huge light stanchions splashing light that made the grass greener than anything I had ever seen, was a breathtaking experience etched in my mind forever. The left field wall. The Green Monster, was so big and intimidating that we would go to sleep dreaming of being big and strong enough to one day be able to hit a baseball that would clear it. Thanks dad for those vivid memories.

I could go on and on but there's a little slice of me and my dad.

He went to "eternal rest" as Marty put it, peacefully, dying simply from conjestive heart failure brought on by old age. THey medicated him for the past several days. He felt no pain. I'm sure God saved a special seat for him next to Ruth, Mantle, Piersall, DiMaggio, Yogi, Yaztremski and Williams. They're in the sky boxes trading stories and waiting for spring training to begin.

Hope that's not too much information.

Thanks to my Talksport brothers for the kind words, thoughts, prayers, and beads of wisdom. You guys are the bestest.

Wonderful read Mickey!!

Good stuff! And a solid gene pool to boot.

Sorry for your loss.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Side Job
Well Said....

(in reply to Michelangelo)
Post #: 29
RE: Michelangelo dad - 12/7/2017 4:13:42 PM   
betonsports

sorry to hear about your loss jim, R.I.P god bless his soul

(in reply to 10k)
Post #: 30
RE: Michelangelo dad - 12/7/2017 4:29:14 PM   
bt_phins

Hey Jim. I am so sorry for your loss. I can’t imagine such a great loss. It sounds like your dad was a top-notch man and it’s evident in how you interact on this site. Sending prayers and sympathy to you and your family, Jim. Rejoice in his life and the memories he left you with.

(in reply to betonsports)
Post #: 31
RE: Michelangelo dad - 12/7/2017 5:36:51 PM   
the crack pipe (not)

I don't post here as much, but a good friend told me to look this thread up in a text...
So sorry for your loss....
You're and always have been a CLASS ACT, JIM
My Condolences to you Jim, and your family !
Bob

Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid

(in reply to bt_phins)
Post #: 32
RE: Michelangelo dad - 12/7/2017 5:49:50 PM   
p8nter57

So sorry for your loss, God Bless.

(in reply to the crack pipe (not))
Post #: 33
RE: Michelangelo dad - 12/7/2017 5:54:39 PM   
bukweat

My condolences to you and the family Jim. Your dad sounds like a great man and those memories will help you get through this. You and your family will be in my prayers.

BUK

alchol does not solve any problems, BUT then again neither does milk.

Post #: 34
RE: Michelangelo dad - 12/7/2017 6:19:33 PM   
Kenman

So sorry for your loss ...

Everyone eventually will leave this Earth. Your Dad is in a good place now.

Khai

(in reply to bukweat)
Post #: 35
RE: Michelangelo dad - 12/7/2017 6:28:19 PM   
life by the drop

Sorry to hear this Mickeyt

I went through this a few months ago. It fucking sucks. You think you are prepared but your not.
Your dad and mine grew up in a time that none of us can relate to. The Great Depression and World War.
Our kids and grandkids will never understand what that generation went through. My prayers are with you and your family.

Drop

smartchicken
can't you ban this sumbitch
ain't got a lickolearning
lordy lordy lordy

......Butermlksky

(in reply to Kenman)
Post #: 36
RE: Michelangelo dad - 12/7/2017 11:15:42 PM   
$BILL

So sorry to hear your sad news, Mich..your Dad has a nice life on earth, and now he enjoy his better life up on heaven. It is an awesome life story that you wrote about you and your Dad there Mich...my condolences to you and your family Mich.

The first rule of business, protect your investment.

(in reply to life by the drop)
Post #: 37
RE: Michelangelo dad - 12/8/2017 1:21:42 PM   
cains

Sorry for your loss Mich.. :(

Great read. Good to hear you have a lot great memories, and your dad lived the life. 98 is a great long life.

(in reply to $BILL)
Post #: 38
RE: Michelangelo dad - 12/8/2017 3:31:54 PM   
RazorSharp

Prayers to you and your family Mich.
I have not been through it myself, but your kind words about your Dad made me think about my own. That's a testament to yours!
-RS

Post #: 39
RE: Michelangelo dad - 12/8/2017 4:24:27 PM   
bigtiger

Dang Jim, so sorry to see this. Both of my parents are still around (Dad is 85 Mom 78) so I can't say I know what you are going through. Can't imagine the pain brother. Just know that you and your family are in my prayers.

Coach

(in reply to RazorSharp)
Post #: 40
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Pro Sports] >> NFL and CFL >> RE: Michelangelo dad Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 Unicode