Sports Forum   |   Scoreboard   |   Contact Us   |   WinPicks Software   |   Talkstock   |   Advertise   |   Follow Us on Twitter   |   Register  |   Login 
Click here to register for the sports forumClick here to download the FREE ScoresLine App for Android 

Forums   Register   Profile   Inbox   Address Book   Subscribe   My Forums   Search   FAQ   Login   Log Out

Floyd Mayweather v Conor McGregor   Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Sports] >> Boxing and MMA >> Floyd Mayweather v Conor McGregor Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Floyd Mayweather v Conor McGregor - 8/25/2017 12:17:46 PM   
Thomas

I've long lost interest in the boxing/mma platform but I think I'll watch and bet this fight just to get my ppv money back. SIA has come out with a -385 for Mayweather but I won't throw the bank at it cause I really don't know. I do know this though this is a boxing match and right off the bat Mayweather has a serious advantage with his experience. I just think of how many guys have fought him and how he's never even been knocked down (technically) with a lot of good fighters who tried to take big swings at him and missing. I expect to see a lot of misses by McGregor and him tiring down and getting schooled. Maybe he lands the big one and wins this not sure but you gotta be more than a tough guy to come out ahead in this thing. Actually I'd love to see him knock the shit out of Mayweather but I just don't see it.

Oh yeah I think this line is a fuckin steal !

< Message edited by Thomas -- 8/25/2017 12:18:47 PM >

Tom
Post #: 1
RE: Floyd Mayweather v Conor McGregor - 8/25/2017 4:01:31 PM   
Sam Ace Rothstein

I'll be going for Conor, but Mayweather is such a great defensive boxer, it's really hard to imagine him losing.

(in reply to Thomas)
Post #: 2
RE: Floyd Mayweather v Conor McGregor - 8/26/2017 11:24:17 AM   
Gambrinus

MacGregor has a puncher chance. He's a great striker and while he's not a boxer, he has spent many, many hours on his feet training to throw punches and avoiding getting hit. MMA is predominantly stand up fighting.

Mayweather is likely going to stick-and-run and he'll be hard to cleanly hit. MacGregor will look for the big blow.

Age is a factor Mayweather at 40 is not the same as he was in his 20s. Conditioning won't be an issue for MacGregor.

I really like over 9.5 at +168 and the fight goes the distance at +250.

< Message edited by Gambrinus -- 8/26/2017 11:41:00 AM >

(in reply to Sam Ace Rothstein)
Post #: 3
RE: Floyd Mayweather v Conor McGregor - 8/27/2017 11:47:26 AM   
Thomas

That  was a pretty good fight John and I really thought it went just as Mayweather planned it. You could see McGregor was gassed in the later rounds, he couldn't even get a deep breath in between rounds the last few but happy you got that over 9.5. Have a new respect for Mayweather with that game plan he had and executed flawlessly. Not much of a fight fan anymore but that fight went exactly how I thought it would, exactly. Kudos to McGregor for a nice effort outside of his element, he certainly didn't embarrass himself

Tom

(in reply to Gambrinus)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Other Sports] >> Boxing and MMA >> Floyd Mayweather v Conor McGregor Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 Unicode