Sports Forum   |   Scoreboard   |   Contact Us   |   WinPicks Software   |   Talkstock   |   Advertise   |   Follow Us on Twitter   |   Register  |   Login 
Register to post in the sports forumDownload the ScoresLine App for Android 

Forums   Register   Profile   Inbox   Address Book   Subscribe   My Forums   Search   FAQ   Login   Log Out

Floyd Mayweather v Conor McGregor   Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Sports] >> Boxing and MMA >> Floyd Mayweather v Conor McGregor Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Floyd Mayweather v Conor McGregor - 8/25/2017 12:17:46 PM   
Thomas

I've long lost interest in the boxing/mma platform but I think I'll watch and bet this fight just to get my ppv money back. SIA has come out with a -385 for Mayweather but I won't throw the bank at it cause I really don't know. I do know this though this is a boxing match and right off the bat Mayweather has a serious advantage with his experience. I just think of how many guys have fought him and how he's never even been knocked down (technically) with a lot of good fighters who tried to take big swings at him and missing. I expect to see a lot of misses by McGregor and him tiring down and getting schooled. Maybe he lands the big one and wins this not sure but you gotta be more than a tough guy to come out ahead in this thing. Actually I'd love to see him knock the shit out of Mayweather but I just don't see it.

Oh yeah I think this line is a fuckin steal !

< Message edited by Thomas -- 8/25/2017 12:18:47 PM >

Tom
Post #: 1
RE: Floyd Mayweather v Conor McGregor - 8/25/2017 4:01:31 PM   
Sam Ace Rothstein

I'll be going for Conor, but Mayweather is such a great defensive boxer, it's really hard to imagine him losing.

(in reply to Thomas)
Post #: 2
RE: Floyd Mayweather v Conor McGregor - 8/26/2017 11:24:17 AM   
Gambrinus

MacGregor has a puncher chance. He's a great striker and while he's not a boxer, he has spent many, many hours on his feet training to throw punches and avoiding getting hit. MMA is predominantly stand up fighting.

Mayweather is likely going to stick-and-run and he'll be hard to cleanly hit. MacGregor will look for the big blow.

Age is a factor Mayweather at 40 is not the same as he was in his 20s. Conditioning won't be an issue for MacGregor.

I really like over 9.5 at +168 and the fight goes the distance at +250.

< Message edited by Gambrinus -- 8/26/2017 11:41:00 AM >

(in reply to Sam Ace Rothstein)
Post #: 3
RE: Floyd Mayweather v Conor McGregor - 8/27/2017 11:47:26 AM   
Thomas

That  was a pretty good fight John and I really thought it went just as Mayweather planned it. You could see McGregor was gassed in the later rounds, he couldn't even get a deep breath in between rounds the last few but happy you got that over 9.5. Have a new respect for Mayweather with that game plan he had and executed flawlessly. Not much of a fight fan anymore but that fight went exactly how I thought it would, exactly. Kudos to McGregor for a nice effort outside of his element, he certainly didn't embarrass himself

Tom

(in reply to Gambrinus)
Post #: 4
RE: Floyd Mayweather v Conor McGregor - 1/10/2018 12:50:28 AM   
Chester oDim

quote:

ORIGINAL: Thomas

That  was a pretty good fight John and I really thought it went just as Mayweather planned it. You could see McGregor was gassed in the later rounds, he couldn't even get a deep breath in between rounds the last few but happy you got that over 9.5. Have a new respect for Mayweather with that game plan he had and executed flawlessly. Not much of a fight fan anymore but that fight went exactly how I thought it would, exactly. Kudos to McGregor for a nice effort outside of his element, he certainly didn't embarrass himself

I hope they will fight again pretty soon!

< Message edited by Chester oDim -- 1/11/2018 12:32:02 AM >

(in reply to Thomas)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Other Sports] >> Boxing and MMA >> Floyd Mayweather v Conor McGregor Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 Unicode