Sports Forum   |   Scoreboard   |   Contact Us   |   WinPicks Software   |   Talkstock   |   Advertise   |   Follow Us on Twitter   |   Register  |   Login 
Click here to register for the sports forumClick here to download the FREE ScoresLine App for Android 

Forums   Register   Profile   Inbox   Address Book   Subscribe   My Forums   Search   FAQ   Login   Log Out

Winpicks NBA usage?   Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sports Handicapping Resources] >> WinPicks Software Forum >> Winpicks NBA usage? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Winpicks NBA usage? - 1/25/2016 12:09:44 PM   
microterf

I purchased winpicks NBA this season. I must be doing something wrong as I haven't gotten any real results.

I have a set of 157 formulas that I have tuned many different ways. ATS Both units/pct, pct only, Straight up, etc. I'm not able to get any real consistent winning results with any of them for either concensus results or platinum picks. I usually tune the top 15 and bottom 15 formulas every day for 3 minutes.

Could someone please give me a quick write up of how to correctly use the software to get real world results?

Thank you!!
Post #: 1
RE: Winpicks NBA usage? - 3/21/2016 11:48:15 AM   
jonstori

I'm no expert w/ Winpicks by any means, but  there's a couple things you may want to look at -
In your formulas, I'd make sure your Lower and Upper betting limits are wide enough to give you sufficient picks but narrow enough to keep the win % high - (for example, I use limits of 3-7, 7-11, and 11-15)
When you tune, I'd suggest also testing  the formulas against different seasons or groups of seasons, to ensure that the formula works and is successful over several seasons (I test everything against Season to date, 1 year back, 3 years back, 5 years back, and the extent of the database) I want my formulas to show consistent results over time.
In consensus picks, I use 23 formulas per consensus - I start w/ my limits (for example a 3-7 consensus) then formulas that test the data over Season to date, then 2-12 games, both balanced and rolling averages .
Hope this helps you out a bit.
Good Luck!

(in reply to microterf)
Post #: 2
RE: Winpicks NBA usage? - 6/17/2016 8:05:55 PM   
RichD

For Consensus Nba Sides

I tune 1500 games and look for 58%..Then thats what i start with for the season.

I use about 10 formulas , too many is hard to keep track off.

But i dont tune them up everyday ...I let things ride out . Tuning everyday sounds good .

You cant keep changing all the time ..Find 10 that have a solid history and trust them.

Also, look for real bad formulas and fade them ....those are money and a lot of them out there !!!

Then after a few weeks i can seen what is working ...And i just follow a solid formula and not worry about a consensus pick..I just follow individual formulas. Thats best now so many games .If you are playing more that 2 NBA games per night, your in trouble .

Totals are hit or miss but some nice rides to be found but they killed me this year in reg. season and saving me in post season.

Winpicks is a solid tool, i cant stress this enough, then you use other things like refs some sdql etc.etc.

< Message edited by RichD -- 6/17/2016 8:15:06 PM >

(in reply to jonstori)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sports Handicapping Resources] >> WinPicks Software Forum >> Winpicks NBA usage? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 Unicode