Sports Forum   |   Scoreboard   |   Contact Us   |   WinPicks Software   |   Talkstock   |   Advertise   |   Follow Us on Twitter   |   Register  |   Login 
Register to post in the sports forumDownload the ScoresLine App for Android 

Forums   Register   Profile   Inbox   Address Book   Subscribe   My Forums   Search   FAQ   Login   Log Out

RE: Patriots are Being Investigated   Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Pro Sports] >> NFL and CFL >> RE: Patriots are Being Investigated Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Patriots are Being Investigated - 1/24/2015 4:08:21 PM   
Wiseeagle

Don't lose sleep over it, Bruce. Since greatness is the most direct precursor to hatred, I'm not really surprised that the hypocrites finally see an opportunity for "payback". They can't do it on the football field so they need "situations" like this one.

Well, the Pats are no angels, neither is the rest of the league. Anyway, if this had happened somewhere else this probably wouldn't even be a story. Funny that people keep talking about Spygate but hardly about the other stuff you mentioned, Bruce. I mean, what the Saints did some years ago was way worse than anything the Pats ever did. The thing is, the Saints' success isn't even close to what the Pats have accomplished in the last two decades and therefore the ignorant mob easily forgets.

I won't say that the Pats will smoke the Seahawks but I would be very surprised if the Pats don't win the Super Bowl. There's too much on the line and I don't agree with the guy from the Boston Globe, this game means everything now.

(in reply to grizzlee)
Post #: 41
RE: Patriots are Being Investigated - 1/24/2015 11:07:52 PM   
webman

quote:

This stuff happens all throughout the league, each and every year. Some
stuff is reported, some isn't. But it's the New England Patriots that
take most of the blame for wrong-doing and face the most people who want
to discredit their past success and current skill level.

That's like the argument of a two-year old kid.  Cheating is cheating, you can't justify it by saying that everyone else does it. 

quote:

This is the last thing I, or any Patriots fan, wants. We just want a "normal" Super Bowl. We've had to defend our team from other jealous, bitter fans, coaches and media every single time we win a playoff game for the last 8 years when all we want is to just be fans. But, you know what? Call it like it REALLY is, without the bias that is so clearly fueled by jealous hatred.

As Linda Ronstadt said, "Poor, poor, poor me. Poor, poor, pitiful me." You want a "normal" Super Bowl, well cry me a river.

Believe me, Bruce, nobody is jealous of the Patriots. Who is jealous of a culture of cheating? Most fans would prefer it if their teams could win without cheating. I think you are a poor spokesman for Patriot's fans. You are basically just a homer who tries to rationalize everything.

< Message edited by webman -- 1/24/2015 11:23:28 PM >

(in reply to Wiseeagle)
Post #: 42
RE: Patriots are Being Investigated - 1/25/2015 3:47:54 AM   
Riderx

To me & to a lot of other people...it's been a "dead issue" since Weds.  What caught me off guard is my ignorance to the fact that QB's (& teams) were allowed to do this in the 1st-place.  What a cluster-f*ck by the NFL!!!  They hold sole responsiblity, yes...SOLE RESPONSIBILTY...for this sh*t...

You can't tell me that with all the smart m*f*'s workin' for the NFL, they did not see this coming.

Cheap-*ss b*st*rds, can't spend a few extra grand each game to insure the "integrity-of-the-game" is intact by havin' one extra "official" dole out the game balls...

"Performance-enhancing" is against the rules, yet they still have "allow an atmosphere of performance-enhancing" by choosing the balls you're going to play with!!!???

WTF NFL!!!???

(in reply to webman)
Post #: 43
RE: Patriots are Being Investigated - 1/25/2015 4:34:09 AM   
vern

It should be clear to any and everyone by now that the pats will do any and everything they can to win. Been that way since belicheat came aboard. It's huge $ guys. Huge $ always corrupts. Look no further than Roger dodger & the ray rice fiasco to see it comes from the top.

this is present day gladiator & Roger is the emperor. If u ain't bending every rule u can to win, u are behind. Tell me u can look at jerry Jones Robert kraft Donald sterling etc & tell me they give one flying fk what u me or any of us peons think.

Bahahaha. They laugh all the way to the bank my friends.

(in reply to Wiseeagle)
Post #: 44
RE: Patriots are Being Investigated - 1/25/2015 6:54:28 AM   
Michelangelo

I agree with rider-x.

What Belichick did yesterday afternoon was seize control of the situation while the NFL leadership was letting it fester to the detriment of his team and the embarrassment of the league. The message that he sent to his team is that it's time to focus on the Beast that lies in wait one week from today. You can bet that the individual team members will have nothing to add as they reference their coach and his press conf yesterday when they are assaulted by the media in Arizona. Without specifically mentioning it he also left the blame for any inconsistency in the balls they have been using on the doorstep of the NFL and their referees, you know the ones who supposedly check the balls before gametime and the ones who handle the balls during the game. Somebody explain to me why there are two sets of balls if the NFL has not been sanctioning ball doctoring all along. That is my take. Why have I not heard the media assess this in a like manner?

What he did yesterday is called leadership in the face of a crisis. He did his homework and presented his findings. He handed the ball back to the NFL. When they fumble it again it won't be because he didn't school them in how not to fumble the ball.

There is a reason that this guy is the best coach in the history of the NFL. Cheating? Yea that's it.

(in reply to vern)
Post #: 45
RE: Patriots are Being Investigated - 1/25/2015 7:11:14 AM   
djlocks1

1 week from the game. Time to move on. Start talking about props and quarters and halftimes.

See you at the window

(in reply to Michelangelo)
Post #: 46
RE: Patriots are Being Investigated - 1/25/2015 8:08:25 AM   
webman

quote:

What he did yesterday is called leadership in the face of a crisis. He did his homework and presented his findings.

I agree, he did display leadership, no question about it.  He took the attention off of his team so they can prepare for the game.

But the stuff he said about air pressure was all wrong.  There is no way the PSI of a football drops two pounds with that kind of a temperature change.  As another poster pointed out, that's a air drop of almost 20%.   He made the analogy of tires, but tires don't change their air pressure by that much either.  Somebody in the Patriots organization let the air out.  The unanswered questions are "who did it" and "who told them to do it."

That's what the league needs to find out if they care at all about the integrity of the game. 

I'm going to move on now, as djlocks said, and focus on the game. I think Seattle covers, and would have whether or not this happened.

< Message edited by webman -- 1/25/2015 8:10:41 AM >

(in reply to Michelangelo)
Post #: 47
RE: Patriots are Being Investigated - 1/25/2015 9:21:03 AM   
vern

Here u go u Homers

LIAR LIAR

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2341682-bill-nye-the-science-guy-reacts-to-bill-belichicks-response-to-deflategate?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national?is_shared=true

(in reply to webman)
Post #: 48
RE: Patriots are Being Investigated - 1/25/2015 11:44:05 AM   
Number Freak

quote:

ORIGINAL: webman

That's like the argument of a two-year old kid.  Cheating is cheating, you can't justify it by saying that everyone else does it. 

As Linda Ronstadt said, "Poor, poor, poor me. Poor, poor, pitiful me." You want a "normal" Super Bowl, well cry me a river.

Believe me, Bruce, nobody is jealous of the Patriots. Who is jealous of a culture of cheating? Most fans would prefer it if their teams could win without cheating. I think you are a poor spokesman for Patriot's fans. You are basically just a homer who tries to rationalize everything.

LMAO. Culture of cheating?? You're ridiculous. Thanks for showing you're exactly THAT person filled with so much hatred and bitterness towards the Patriots that you DISREGARD facts and replace it with JUDGEMENT. You have posted EIGHT or NINE negative pictures or links about the patriots in this thread alone. Geez, Mike, OBSESS MUCH?? Both Brady and Belichick said they didn't do anything wrong. Oh, they must be liars too. Did it ever occur to you that somebody could have set this whole thing up to start trouble? Of course not. You WANT This to be true so you can sleep at night. Why does there HAVE to be foul play going on?? Use your head.

I just showed evidence of other teams cheating and your beloved Broncos were front and center. I also said fans of these other teams conveniently ignore their team's problems and, instead, blast the Patriots because the media talks so much about it. EXACTLY what you're doing now. Amazing. Nobody has even heard about the Broncos scandals, probably because they don't win enough for anyone to give a shit about them. The Patriots have had the most successful run in the history of the league. That's THE ONLY reason any of this is taking place and YOU, Mike, have taken the bait. ESPN says it's a scandal so all you sheep climb aboard the train.

What about the QB of your Broncos? He dropped his pants and sat on a female trainer's face in college! I guess that's the culture in Denver then! A culture of sexual assault and cooking the books to fit Elway and Davis into the salary cap. But damn those Patriots for allegedly deflating a football by 2 PSI. What felons!

Yeah, I'm a homer, too. I bet against the Patriots just about every time I'm involved in their games. I think objectively, unlike you.

But for the person that runs this forum, I wish you were more professional and set a better example than you do with your responses and behavior in this thread with all the pokes at New England and comparing me to a two year old and saying I just rationalize everything. That's why I'm laying into you. Maybe you should just, I don't know, keep your opinions to yourself when you run the place?? I just stated a general opinion about "people" and you come back and make it personal. A lot of good people have left your ghost town of a forum over the years and you don't give a shit. I'd like to think I'm an asset to this place but what good is being an asset to a place that is run by people like you?

Run along now. Broncos fans have much more to worry about than the Patriots in the Super Bowl. You have to worry about grandpa Manning and all those free agents. I'll send you a postcard from Glendale. I guess if we lose by less than 35 on Sunday than we did better than the orange could muster last year? That's a no-brainer.

< Message edited by webman -- 1/25/2015 7:01:39 PM >

(in reply to vern)
Post #: 49
RE: Patriots are Being Investigated - 1/25/2015 12:19:38 PM   
webman

quote:

Nobody has even heard about the Broncos scandals, probably because they
don't win enough for anyone to give a shit about them. The Patriots have
had the most successful run in the history of the league.

I didn't even mention the Broncos in any of my posts, but they are 17-9 against New England since 1986. Being a number freak, you should know that.  It's sound you are the one with the hate problem.

I think your post was way out of line.  Read my PM.

(in reply to Number Freak)
Post #: 50
RE: Patriots are Being Investigated - 1/25/2015 1:02:48 PM   
vern

Yea not real cordial. Cmon guys. Were all trying to beat the man. TALK Shit Hell Yea But in a fun way.

Just bc your team is a bunch o cheating bass - turds no reason to get pissy:::)))

(in reply to webman)
Post #: 51
RE: Patriots are Being Investigated - 1/25/2015 3:24:27 PM   
Number Freak

The Broncos are 5-5 against Brady. Like I said, no team has a winning record against him which is what fuels the hatred. I get it. I hate the Yankees. Why would you conveniently go back to 1986 when they've been playing since 1960? Do you spin everything to make your Broncos look better? This is about the Brady and Belichick Patriots isn't it? So let's keep it in context.

I'm just speaking truth, or at least as much truth that you or I know about these subjects and I'll admit I don't know shit about the PSI of footballs and what difference it makes. But you know what? Neither do you! All of a sudden everyone's an expert on PSI and knows exactly how much of an advantage that does or doesn't bring too. These are probably the same balls Brady has been using all year and over the course of several months they could easily be under-inflated by 2 PSI. Same with a car tire over time. That makes way more sense than there's a big conspiracy inside the organization. Nobody but Brady is going to mess with the balls and he swears he has no knowledge of wrong doing. That's enough for me and SHOULD be for any logical human being. Brady's been a stand up guy for 15 seasons now, so nobody should question his character yet the haters do anyway. It's childish. Do you also believe the refs check the balls before every game with an air pressure gauge? If the PSI of the ball was a potential issue of this magnitude like ESPN and FOX will lead you to believe, they wouldn't have had these weak procedures in place. They would regulate it so both teams use the same ball that THEY prepared, wouldn't they? Use common sense. That makes way more sense than there's a big conspiracy going on. I've heard nut jobs say there's a camera in the lighthouse at Gillette, too. Do you believe that as well? There must be a gunman in the grassy knoll at Gillette somewhere too. Maybe those mascots with the guns have real bullets and threaten the other team's QB before the game?

This whole story has been ridiculous from Day 1 and I get more and more amazed at what has fueled the story to this magnitude. Unbelievable. Sane, intelligent folks get it. Crazed, bitter fans of other teams don't want to. It's completely been taken out of proportion because of people like you that post eight negative things about the same team in a thread and then have the balls to say "Lots of bad press out there for sure". Yeah, you should know! Bad karma when your team is just as guilty yet you still finger point. When the Pats lose a playoff game, they're not cheating. Only in the wins. Amazing how they can toe that line so precisely over the last 8 years. You got an explanation for that too?

I'm done trying to get you haters to slow down and think with common sense and logic. It's futile. Mike, you fancy yourself an intelligent guy. I just thought you would speak about facts and common sense rather than rush to a hasty conclusion based on what things "look" like. They weren't found guilty of anything except Spygate eight seasons ago and many other teams were doing the same thing back then. Another fact being conveniently ignored. You have no proof the Broncos weren't videotaping signals even prior to McDaniels doing it in Denver and you have no proof as well that Peyton's footballs are regulation PSI either. Just like you have NO proof the Pats did anything wrong. Be happy nobody is threatened by your organization enough to check. The Broncos organization HAS, however, been found guilty TWICE of lying about the salary cap to afford their SB winning rosters in '98 and '99. Where's the integrity of the sport there? They stole those Super Bowls! They also got busted for videotaping signals. Shame on you for claiming your shit doesn't stink. It looks really bad, Mike. Bad karma for Patriots haters. The hatred from Spygate fueled us to win the next 17 games. We only need 1 this time. You've dodged the last two SB's when the Giants beat us. Now you get a third chance. Do you irrational finger-pointers deserve three straight? I'll let the football gods decide that.

I haven't had a PM at this site for years, Mike. I thought you knew that.

(in reply to vern)
Post #: 52
RE: Patriots are Being Investigated - 1/25/2015 4:55:27 PM   
grizzlee

Wonder if there's going to be a deflated football commercial during the Super Bowl ?

You know ,,,,,,, the one where the punter kicks a football , the ball deflates mid way
through the air , gets bull whipped by the circulating winds in the stadium right
into someone's BUD LITE. The guy gets to keep the deflated football and a new BUD LITE.
The ads people are probably smoking some good shit and working on it right now.

Patriots are being distracted by all this. Belichick said so in his press interview.
I'd say mission accomplished by the people who started this and the haters.
Distract the Patriots from the task in hand.,,,,,,,,,,Super Bowl XLIX

Don't make this personal fellas. This is about ratings , sales , and MONEY.

Follow the MONEY.

GLTA

(in reply to Number Freak)
Post #: 53
RE: Patriots are Being Investigated - 1/26/2015 5:24:09 AM   
vern

I think I'll take troy aikman, Brad Johnson, Mark brunells, bill nye word on it vs tom Bradys.

I'm not a pats hater at all. Loved the cheating ass raiders back in the day. But I think it's triple naive or just flat delusional to think Brady didn't run that show. Just my opine. From a non hater.

(in reply to Wiseeagle)
Post #: 54
RE: Patriots are Being Investigated - 1/26/2015 8:36:29 AM   
Wiseeagle

quote:

ORIGINAL: vern

I think I'll take troy aikman, Brad Johnson, Mark brunells, bill nye word on it vs tom Bradys.

That was a good one.

(in reply to vern)
Post #: 55
RE: Patriots are Being Investigated - 1/26/2015 8:44:01 AM   
Wiseeagle

Btw, great post, Bruce.

(in reply to Wiseeagle)
Post #: 56
RE: Patriots are Being Investigated - 1/26/2015 8:59:03 AM   
Wiseeagle

(in reply to Wiseeagle)
Post #: 57
RE: Patriots are Being Investigated - 1/26/2015 9:15:04 AM   
grizzlee

hahahahaha ,,,,,,,,, good one Wiseeagle !

smoked'em eh ! I think some people are smoken
something in North America.

GLTA

(in reply to Wiseeagle)
Post #: 58
RE: Patriots are Being Investigated - 1/26/2015 5:03:00 PM   
DIRTYDOG

< Message edited by DIRTYDOG -- 1/26/2015 5:04:54 PM >

Jim Campbell

(in reply to grizzlee)
Post #: 59
RE: Patriots are Being Investigated - 1/26/2015 6:55:33 PM   
bt_phins

I'll say this ... I really hate when things get contentious on this site.  Especially between great cappers.  One thing WE ALL NEED TO ACKNOWLEDGE if we're going to post here .... this site is about opinions.  However you arrive at your opinion, that's for you to determine.  When the best of the best are wrong 42% of the time, you have to expect to post some wrong plays and opinions.  But you NEVER have to beat someone up for their opinion.  In the same breath, we can have lively debate and stir the pot a bit.  From vern ...

"I'm not a pats hater at all. Loved the cheating ass raiders back in the
day. But I think it's triple naive or just flat delusional to think
Brady didn't run that show. Just my opine. From a non hater."

Now I happen to agree with ol' vern.  I'm a Dolphins fan.  I HATE the Patriots (from a football standpoint - though I love how their organization is run! Besides the cheating!! ) and I HATE to see them in the Super Bowl AGAIN!!!!    But I'll be damned if I can't listen to the opinions of Michaelangelo, Riderx, Number Freak or any of the other Patriot-backing or non-Patriot backing posters.  Listen to what you want, agree or disagree with what you want, but just let everything else run its course.  As life by the drop's handle tells us, just enjoy today.  Take it one step at a time.  We're all here to try to win money.  I know there are cappers much more qualified than me ... so I'll take it all in.  I'm on the under so far.  Side TBD.  Probably play lots of props for fun.  Enjoy the game ... it's the last football game for SEVEN months!!!!  The Pats are cheaters (hahaha!! ) but who gives a shit.  You only need to pick the winner in Sunday's game.  Good luck and sorry for the soap box!!

Brian

(in reply to grizzlee)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Pro Sports] >> NFL and CFL >> RE: Patriots are Being Investigated Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 Unicode