Sports Forum   |   Scoreboard   |   Contact Us   |   WinPicks Software   |   Talkstock   |   Advertise   |   Follow Us on Twitter   |   Register  |   Login 
Register to post in the sports forumDownload the ScoresLine App for Android 

Forums   Register   Profile   Inbox   Address Book   Subscribe   My Forums   Search   FAQ   Login   Log Out

RE: Patriots are Being Investigated   Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Pro Sports] >> NFL and CFL >> RE: Patriots are Being Investigated Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Patriots are Being Investigated - 1/21/2015 4:29:36 PM   
Riderx

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/colts-te-pats-couldve-played-with-soap-for-balls-and-beat-us/ar-AA8rrZ6

(in reply to webman)
Post #: 21
RE: Patriots are Being Investigated - 1/21/2015 5:29:51 PM   
shoeless

i heard a retired ref comment on the deflation gate.  it is sure mystifying.  the refs inspect each ball before the game for proper inflation.  they then hand it to the ball boys who take them out to the field.  only about 15 minutes elapse during this time.  no one else touches the ball until gametime.  that is the procedure.  it seems either the refs or the ball boys have something to do with this as no one else touched the balls.  or did someone? even crazier is the refs handle the ball during the game and nothing was said until the colts player complained. if the colts player noticed something fishy i'm sure the refs would have. now that the refs work for the NFL it seems there was a conspiracy of sorts going on. maybe the NFL didn't want the colts to have a chance of going to the superbowl. ratings, ratings ,ratings=more money.l.

< Message edited by shoeless -- 1/21/2015 5:38:06 PM >

"the next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing" james coburn in hardtimes

"you can fail on your own terms" clint eastwood

(in reply to Riderx)
Post #: 22
RE: Patriots are Being Investigated - 1/21/2015 5:44:01 PM   
Side Job

quote:

ORIGINAL: texasjim

Anyone think that Coach Billy will play the "us against the world" card?????

Pats By a SHIT LOAD.....NO ONE and I mean NO ONE can BEAT this PATS TEAM...

Gonna LOAD up on the ADJUSTED LINE....Im at 8 UNITS already....Gonna make this a 20 UNIT PLAY by the Time Im done

(in reply to texasjim)
Post #: 23
RE: Patriots are Being Investigated - 1/21/2015 6:18:04 PM   
Thomas

I played 4 units on that yesterday Mark @ pk, you know what that means when we match before talking right

Tom

(in reply to Side Job)
Post #: 24
RE: Patriots are Being Investigated - 1/21/2015 6:59:03 PM   
Riderx

shoe,

Yeah...I was reading something else very similar from another ref.  Strange indeed that it wasn't noticed before the game...

& just another article elsewhere:

--------------------------------------

SJ & Tom,

With ya' all the way, along with others, on NE.  No contest...

(in reply to Thomas)
Post #: 25
RE: Patriots are Being Investigated - 1/21/2015 7:06:03 PM   
vern

U guys are fkin high if u think the pats are gonna smoke that team. It ain't happenin men.

(in reply to Riderx)
Post #: 26
RE: Patriots are Being Investigated - 1/21/2015 10:56:21 PM   
webman

quote:

U guys are fkin high if u think the pats are gonna smoke that team. It ain't happenin men.

Amen. 

Seattle is the better team, the more physical team, with a QB who is 10-0 against Super Bowl winning quarterbacks.  Why is everyone so impressed with NE?  I would throw the Indy game out when handicapping the SB.  The Patriots have the Colt's number.  The only real impressive win they had on the road all year was in Indy.  Last year they drilled Indy in the playoffs then lost to Denver in the AFC title game.  The last time the Patriots won a postseason game away from Foxboro was 2007 in San Diego. 

Plus, this cheating thing ain't going away and has to distract the Patriots.  Even the Boston Globe has turned on them:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/01/22/win-lose-patriots-have-sacrificed-their-legacy/XIYx6wws1NpEn1h82kMtwO/story.html

Seattle +1

(in reply to vern)
Post #: 27
RE: Patriots are Being Investigated - 1/21/2015 11:26:03 PM   
Corndog

There is a lot of chatter on this story, and it isn't going way, has legs.   And even diehard Patriot fans are kind of disgusted about it from the stuff I read as well.

Biggest explanation out there so far is the temperature drop on field caused the balls to deflate.  But the ideal gas law (PV = nRT) says a temperature drop of 20 deg F might reduce pressure in a ball 3-4%, not 20% like some people claim.  They don't know the difference between degrees F and absolute temperature in degrees K, so they end up with much higher pressure drop.  The difference in temperature in degrees K is pretty small.

NFL has been and will continue to do a slow reveal on this, 'cause Goodell and Kraft are buddies.   But facts are facts, Patriots cheated.  Doesn't matter if they won by 38 points.  When the game started a 0-0 the Pats knew they had an edge by cheating, that's all that matters.

Now... so how did those balls deflate?

My personal guess is the equipment managers for the Patriots are most involved, not ball boys.  2 years ago the Pats equipment manager died, then they hired a new guy, then he left after 1 year, and now they have a new manager.   Some new trick is involved here, they could have provided "leaky" balls to the NFL, or inflated the balls with a higher temperature air (even other gas) to make it happen.   Each team provides the balls that get measured by the NFL before game time and would be easy to do, if somebody had a plan.

So I'll go on record now and predict one of these guys names will be in the news soon... fall guy, and nobody up high Pats will be implicated, just like before with Spy Gate or Josh McDaniel's previous tenure at Denver. 

Head Equipment Manager Dave Schoenfeld, Equipment Assistant John Jastremski, Equipment Assistant Zach Struck, Equipment Assistant Brenden Murphy

< Message edited by Corndog -- 1/21/2015 11:28:32 PM >

"You've got to ask yourself one question. Do I feel lucky?"

(in reply to webman)
Post #: 28
RE: Patriots are Being Investigated - 1/22/2015 12:57:11 AM   
Riderx

A side-show...a freak-show...anything to divert attention.

On the biggest stage in-the-world, the diversion won't work...

And besides, the NFL has only themselves to blame for this fiasco.  F*ckin' idiots for changing the rules & allowing something like this to happen in the first place...

Patriots roll!!!

(in reply to Corndog)
Post #: 29
RE: Patriots are Being Investigated - 1/22/2015 12:58:17 AM   
Riderx

"leaky balls???"...

(in reply to Riderx)
Post #: 30
RE: Patriots are Being Investigated - 1/22/2015 11:57:32 PM   
webman

(in reply to Riderx)
Post #: 31
RE: Patriots are Being Investigated - 1/23/2015 4:24:43 AM   
djlocks1

I think the refs are going to let the Seattle corners mug the Patriots receivers in this game. I bet there won't be many holding or illegal contact calls against the Seahawks. I still don't know who I am taking. But instead of handicapping the game on the teams talents alone, there are now a bunch of external factors you have to deal with.

See you at the window

(in reply to Riderx)
Post #: 32
RE: Patriots are Being Investigated - 1/23/2015 8:13:01 AM   
shoeless

talking of cheaters coach carroll has a somewhat checkered past.  he was essentially banned from college football for illegal recruiting and had to forfeit a national championship game.  only being hired as the seahawk's coach saved his skin.

"the next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing" james coburn in hardtimes

"you can fail on your own terms" clint eastwood

(in reply to Riderx)
Post #: 33
RE: Patriots are Being Investigated - 1/23/2015 9:38:16 AM   
whitestar

"I'm not squeezing the balls. That's not part of my process."
"Some guys like them round. Some guys like them thin. Some guys like them tacky. Some guys like old balls."

Tom Brady--greatest quote ever

(in reply to shoeless)
Post #: 34
RE: Patriots are Being Investigated - 1/23/2015 11:11:12 PM   
dollars

"Deflated Balls"

They has to be a female involved in this...

"You fellas gonna pull them pistols, or are ya gonna just stand there and whistle dixie?"
-Josey Wales

(in reply to whitestar)
Post #: 35
RE: Patriots are Being Investigated - 1/24/2015 10:30:54 AM   
webman

A culture of cheating:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12216634/former-carolina-panthers-gm-marty-hurney-angry-spygate-amid-new-england-patriots-controversy

To me this isn't about 'Deflategate', this isn't about anything
having to do about any particular game last week,'' Hurney said. "And it
certainly isn't fodder to get by the first week before the Super Bowl.
"This is about a culture. Is there a culture of cheating at probably
what most people look at as the best franchise in the National Football
League?''

In response to Hurney's question, most fans outside of NE say yes:

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/1/23/7877193/patriots-deflategate-poll-lolololol-new-england

Lots of bad press for the Patriots, that's for sure.  

(in reply to dollars)
Post #: 36
RE: Patriots are Being Investigated - 1/24/2015 1:28:46 PM   
Wiseeagle

quote:

ORIGINAL: webman

This also might have affected the Ravens kicking game the week before:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24981269/some-baltimore-ravens-think-footballs-were-under-inflated-vs-patriots

Yeah, better don't tell the refs about it, wait for more than a week instead to bring it up. Makes perfect sense. 

(in reply to webman)
Post #: 37
RE: Patriots are Being Investigated - 1/24/2015 2:32:48 PM   
Number Freak

Certain fans and media members of the other 31 teams are the ones that cry foul the most about this stuff. It's a biased, forced opinion because no team in the NFL has a winning record against Tom Brady's Patriots. If you're a fan of those other teams, this is the only fuel you need to cry foul because it gives you something to hold on to. An explanation, if you will, as to why New England has won 76% of all their games for 14 YEARS straight.

How many of these fans or media members even had a clue about the acceptable PSI of a football before this...or even cared??? I'll bet less than 1%, if that. I know I didn't. Is this really as huge a story as all the media outlets are making it out to be or is it because it's the Patriots again and they're in the Super Bowl again?? Be honest. And....there's that two week break before the big game, so this is a media outlet's DREAM and they are taking full advantage.

As a Pats fan since I was 7, I'm not letting Belichick and Brady slide for this either. This is the last thing I, or any Patriots fan, wants. We just want a "normal" Super Bowl. We've had to defend our team from other jealous, bitter fans, coaches and media every single time we win a playoff game for the last 8 years when all we want is to just be fans. But, you know what? Call it like it REALLY is, without the bias that is so clearly fueled by jealous hatred.

It comes as no surprise that the biggest cries come from those that have more to lose by the Patriots' success. Don Shula is seeing Belichick become more legendary than him so he calls him "Belicheat". Troy Aikman, who played for the previous NFL dynasty, thinks Patriots should be punished stricter than the Saints in Bountygate. For the PSI of the football being a couple pounds light??? Absolutely ridiculous. The Colts' players have almost to a man admitted the Patriots would've beaten them with a beach ball. The fan bases that cry the most about the Patriots are the Steelers, Broncos, Ravens, Colts (in the Manning days), Giants and Jets. All big rivals that have clear agendas.

What makes this all so ridiculous is that many, if not most of the other 31 teams do similar shit. When Spygate happened on September 10, 2007 after Week 1, the reports said the league warned all 32 teams the previous offseason to stop videotaping opponents' signals. Belichick just made it too obvious and got busted Week 1 of 2007. Big mistake. No sugar-coating it. We paid the price, $750,000 and a 1st round draft pick. Still, we went on to win the next 18 games in a row before losing the Super Bowl, yet got no credit for an amazing season AFTER spygate blew up because every other fan was celebrating and rejoicing our SB loss as if the president just announced world peace! You know who you are, fans. You all got to finally exhale in a big way when we missed going 19-0. Phewwwww! Four years later you dodged another bullet when the Giants beat New England again in the Super Bowl. Phewwwww!

And now, because we were the only team busted for Spygate, the Patriots are watched more closely than any other team in the league so it's not hard to see what's going on here. I wonder how many other team's didn't use regulation-inflated footballs this year? Hmm...certainly not YOUR team, right? We'll probably never know because nobody questions any other team these days.

Since football was invented, "competitive advantages" have been sought after by EVERY team. But if you listen to some fans of these teams, they talk like their shit doesn't stink. It's only the Patriots.

So, here's just a short list of violations in league history from the "other" cheaters in the league:

Brad Johnson admitting he paid $7,500 to the ball boys to doctor all 100 footballs to his liking before the 2002 Super Bowl

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/bucs-qb-johnson-paid-to-have-footballs-altered-before-sb-37/2214490 Not cheating?? Bribery!

Aaron Rodgers told CBS' Phil Simms he over-inflates the footballs "more than the league will allow" Why is this OK?? Isn't it the same exact thing? What if the Packers made it to the SB?

http://deadspin.com/aaron-rodgers-likes-to-tamper-with-footballs-too-1680676328

Denver Broncos circumvented the salary cap TWICE and won back to back SB's as a result Ah, gaining a competitive advantage to enable you to win b2b SB's. Cheaters in Denver!!!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A28969-2004Sep17.html

Here's a few more in one article involving the Saints bountygate scandal, the Giants faking injuries to slow down opposing offenses, the Steelers' Mike Tomlin trying to trip a Ravens' kick returner on the sidelines, and the Broncos' (again) videotaping scandal

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/jan/23/the-joy-of-six-nfl-cheating-scandals

This stuff happens all throughout the league, each and every year. Some stuff is reported, some isn't. But it's the New England Patriots that take most of the blame for wrong-doing and face the most people who want to discredit their past success and current skill level. Listen, I'm not saying they didn't make mistakes. I'm just saying there's a heaping pile of hypocrisy going on in the NFL these days. And maybe, come February 1st, you'll all be able to let out that big "Phewwww!" for a third straight time, DESPITE all the hypocrisy, hatred and finger-pointing.

< Message edited by Number Freak -- 1/24/2015 2:40:06 PM >

(in reply to webman)
Post #: 38
RE: Patriots are Being Investigated - 1/24/2015 3:12:49 PM   
grizzlee

I agree with shoeless ,,,,,, this is about rating , rating , rating , and MONEY !

Nice post Number Freak ,,,,,, I agree

The footballs are checked 15 min before the game by the refs. The refs handle
the footballs during the game. If there was something wrong , wouldn't they
do some thing about it ? What about bad calls by the refs and teams end up
first and 20 or second and 20 in critical times in a game ? Some of these holding
calls by the refs are ridiculous. The list goes on and on. Don't even touch a face mask
in the NFL any more. Look at the refs ,,,, they control the game.

This is all about MONEY and hate the Patriots. All people are doing is pissing off
the Patriots organization ,,,,, which means I'm increasing my wager on them.
There a great football team (I'm not even a big Fan) people just don't want to
admit it.

Follow the MONEY and who's making it from this !

GLTA

(in reply to Wiseeagle)
Post #: 39
RE: Patriots are Being Investigated - 1/24/2015 3:47:31 PM   
Michelangelo

Great post, Bruce.

You're a great handicapper because you're a great thinker.

I don't condone lying and I don't condone cheating. But when all of this spins out of some doctored balls, a practice considered the norm by a few QBs past and present who have the ballinis to speak the truth, you have to wonder. I saw a respected poster on another board calling for a five year Bellichick suspension. Really?

Man, I hope the Pats win on Sunday.

(in reply to grizzlee)
Post #: 40
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Pro Sports] >> NFL and CFL >> RE: Patriots are Being Investigated Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 Unicode