Sports Forum   |   Scoreboard   |   Contact Us   |   WinPicks Software   |   Talkstock   |   Advertise   |   Follow Us on Twitter   |   Register  |   Login 
Register to post in the sports forumDownload the ScoresLine App for Android 

Forums   Register   Profile   Inbox   Address Book   Subscribe   My Forums   Search   FAQ   Login   Log Out

Testing from previous years   Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sports Handicapping Resources] >> WinPicks Software Forum >> Testing from previous years Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Testing from previous years - 10/20/2010 5:28:30 AM   
Grinder12000

I know I can change TODAYs date to Nov 10 2009,  but can I have a formula ONLY take like 10 games from BEFORE Nov 10 2009?  and test it going forward on day at a time? 

Sort of like living in the past?    I'd like to a formula That uses not current numbers (NBA) but further back! 

Thanks.

Post #: 1
RE: Testing from previous years - 10/22/2010 6:59:18 PM   
WinPicks Support

WinPicks doesn't have that capability built-in.   It will always try to use the most recent stats.    You could, in theory, remove entire files of season stats and it should work.   For instance, if you removed or renamed the pbstats.09 file, that would prevent any games from the '09 season being used, but it would affect all formulas in the program.

Thanks
WinPicks Support

(in reply to Grinder12000)
Post #: 2
RE: Testing from previous years - 10/23/2010 2:01:35 PM   
Grinder12000

Wait a minute!  I thought I had asked a dumb question but . . . .

What if I change the "current date" to like November 28 2004.  Run LAKERS - what data is it using then for the last 20 games ???? 

Also - is there ANYWAY you could make and RPI but instead of using SU wins and losses . . . use ATS Wins and losses??   I know makes no sense but I have a lot of things in my head.

Also it would be SWEET - to look at trends like what happens on day 5 of a 5 game road TRIP type stuff. 

(in reply to WinPicks Support)
Post #: 3
RE: Testing from previous years - 10/24/2010 7:59:02 PM   
WinPicks Support

If you change the current date back to November 28, 2004, then the last 20 games will be those before November 28, 2004.     So yes - you can go back in time and predict what a formula would have done.   I misunderstood your original question on what you were trying to do.  

You can use the Team History feature to check trends such as day 5 on a 5 game road trip and see the results.   Use the "After" filter in the Team History window, and select a streak of 4 or more games on the road.

Thanks
WinPicks Support

(in reply to Grinder12000)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sports Handicapping Resources] >> WinPicks Software Forum >> Testing from previous years Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 Unicode