Sports Forum   |   Scoreboard   |   Contact Us   |   WinPicks Software   |   Talkstock   |   Advertise   |   Follow Us on Twitter   |   Register  |   Login 
Register to post in the sports forumDownload the ScoresLine App for Android 

Forums   Register   Profile   Inbox   Address Book   Subscribe   My Forums   Search   FAQ   Login   Log Out

Formula Tuner   Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sports Handicapping Resources] >> WinPicks Software Forum >> Formula Tuner Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Formula Tuner - 9/8/2010 12:57:57 PM   
DoktorD

Why after you create a formula using X number of stats does the tuner give stats forother areas. Ex. I do not want a stat for field goal attempts yet when I use the tuner I get a number. Do I have to remove the check mark from the items I am not interested.?
Thanks
Dok
Post #: 1
RE: Formula Tuner - 9/8/2010 6:55:16 PM   
guitarno

DoktorD,

Yeah, when you tune it will by default put a checkmark on every stat, and that means it will try assigning different values to all the checked stats. If you don't want it to include certain stats, you have to un-check them every time you tune them.

I think that if you don't do this, your formulas will eventually all start to be very similar, because they will all contain all the stats, and I would think that defeats the purpose of excluding certain stats in some formulas. It's a bit of a hassle, but that is the way it works.

(in reply to DoktorD)
Post #: 2
RE: Formula Tuner - 9/8/2010 11:21:14 PM   
WinPicks Support

You can use the "Save Settings" button in the Tuner window to save defaults after you uncheck the stats you don't want to include.   Then use the "Load Settings" button to restore the same checked stats later when starting the Tuner.   That feature can also be used when running Night Shift, where you can tune a group of formulas, all with the same settings.

WinPicks Support

(in reply to guitarno)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sports Handicapping Resources] >> WinPicks Software Forum >> Formula Tuner Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 Unicode