Sports Forum   |   Scoreboard   |   Contact Us   |   WinPicks Software   |   Talkstock   |   Advertise   |   Follow Us on Twitter   |   Register  |   Login 
Register to post in the sports forumDownload the ScoresLine App for Android 

Forums   Register   Profile   Inbox   Address Book   Subscribe   My Forums   Search   FAQ   Login   Log Out

RE: HORSE STORY For you guys   Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Sports] >> Horse and Dog Racing >> RE: HORSE STORY For you guys Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: HORSE STORY For you guys - 5/31/2011 2:26:44 PM   
Alpine

That's fuckin awesome Ref. Glad you guys cashed. Can you imagine someone thinking they didn't win and throw away their ticket.

Don't let the door hit ya where God split ya

(in reply to the crack pipe (not))
Post #: 41
RE: HORSE STORY For you guys - 5/31/2011 3:33:16 PM   
Michelangelo

Wow. Never heard of that type of bet before Ref. Let me get this right - win or place for your horse keeps you eligible? What tracks have this bet?

Great story Ref. Nice to get a big fat surprise like that at the track. They don't happen often. I had a little one last week. Thought I played the exacta 2x. It paid 135.00 ea ticket. I was very happy. When I went to cash the ticket paid 4x. I played it $8.00, not 4.00. Needless to say I was real happy.

(in reply to Alpine)
Post #: 42
RE: HORSE STORY For you guys - 6/2/2011 6:41:09 AM   
retired ref

mickyt
yup....called the place pick 9
it origanally started in the california tracks,moved to chicago about 10 yrs.ago
both arlington and hawthorne have it
small consolation pay-off for 8 of 9 plus a carryover if no one hits with 9
i think some of the magna,and cdi tracks have it also
just get your horse(s) to win or place and your alive in 1st 9 races of the day
i've always found it to be a fun bet

(in reply to Michelangelo)
Post #: 43
RE: HORSE STORY For you guys - 6/2/2011 7:02:37 AM   
retired ref

geesh
place pick 9 bet reminds me of 2 more bdh stories that i've had
ok.......way back over 12 yrs. ago was in los angeles visiting relatives with the wife after a vegas stop over from the mens basketball tourney(1st and 2nd round games)
fabulous time....i'd recommend it to any one(48 games in 4 days)
got it planed for my 1st trip and visit to santa anita the next day
get the form do my handi-capping get my 10 tickets filled out for the place pick 9
(at that time didnt know how to make a ticket out with multiple picks in a race)
i thought to my self after doing a double take.....wow....lots of long shots on my tickets
so next day rolls around...........change of plans.............you can guess where this is going?
i'm not going to the track.....i'm getting dropped off the next day,wife and sister-in-law want to go to rodeo dr. the next day
well...get the results for the day i didnt go.........place pick 9 pays out on only 5
i'm sitting there with tickets with 6,7,8,and 9 of 9
if i would of gone,not got my plans changed,i would of taken down the whole pool by myself
yup.....woulda,coulda,shoulda pay-off $27,000.00+
my sister-in-law was sick,my brother-in-law was going crazy yelling at her for changing plans
i told him it was ok(just my luck.....day late and a dollar short)
i did go to santa anita the next day and at that time had my best day at the track
wasnt near the pick 9 pay-off ,but still was a good day
2nd story for the pick 9.........later!

< Message edited by retiredref -- 6/2/2011 7:04:42 AM >

(in reply to retired ref)
Post #: 44
RE: HORSE STORY For you guys - 6/2/2011 12:55:09 PM   
Michelangelo

That's a good one ref. Those girls and their shopping cost us in all kinds of ways. But it's a good thing they do. That way we get top sneak off and gamble!

Post #: 45
RE: HORSE STORY For you guys - 6/23/2011 1:42:12 PM   
retired ref

ok........2nd place pick 9 story
after getting back from Santa Anita and missing out on a whole pool play-off for the place pick 9
my nephew (rosie) took me to the otb that i had never been too
(note: best otb that i have ever been too,great bar area,sit and watch 19 tv's with tracks that are running that day)
so....my plan was to cap and fill out 10 tickets
well..being 1st time in the place,i was looking and gawking all around,i lost all track of time
(yup,you can guess where this is going?)
i look up and less than 2 minutes to 1st race
sat back and said "fuck it....forget about it"
being hard headed as i am....cost me a winning ticket
moral of this story.....dont be a damned hard head like me
rosie was actually more upset than i was
only good thing about it was the good-looking bartender felt sorry for us and bought us 2 rounds
(she got a good sized tip),she actually also got us 2 racing forms......thats she saved for us

< Message edited by retiredref -- 6/23/2011 1:43:12 PM >

(in reply to Michelangelo)
Post #: 46
RE: HORSE STORY For you guys - 3/30/2012 8:42:29 AM   
Alpine

This past Wednesday I decided I wanted to play Balmoral. Went to local OTB and saw that there was a PK 5 carryover of $13,500 from Sunday. So Balmoral guaranteed $60,000 PK 5 that night. I thought WTF that has got to be a mistake. Low and behold the announcer said there is a guaranteed $60,000 pool tonight. So I said what the hell I'll do some combo's and see what happens. The pool swelled to an astonishing $101,000. On a fucking Wednesday!!! Well it was chalk city that night but I did win leg 1/2/3/4. I had 4 runners going in the last and was anxiously waiting for the will pays. And here they came for my 4 runners. $317 / $135 / $131 / $57. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!! At that point I felt like I had already lost. Luckily the $131 came in for a profit of $100. But boy a $131 PK5 with a $101,000 pool really blows. Collected, Mother Fucked and went home.

Post #: 47
RE: HORSE STORY For you guys - 3/30/2012 9:08:25 AM   
retired ref

wow
for a pick 5 that does seem to be kind of small
i wonder if thats the norm there at balmoral?
but............
as they always say....any time ya cah a ticket its a win

(in reply to Alpine)
Post #: 48
RE: HORSE STORY For you guys - 8/23/2012 5:04:49 PM   
Alpine

Been a while for this thread but can't pass on this one.
Once again a wife costs us money. But I can't blame her for doing or saying what she did.

Late PK4 at AP on Million Saturday. I got first 3 winners with 5 runners in the last. Payoffs are $4400 / $850 / $1400 / $1000 / $850
Ticket cost $64
There are 12 runners in this race I got 5..Of the lowest odds I DID NOT HAVE is 15-1. I tell wife should I back up all the others for $20 to win? Her reply.."Don't be a pussy go for it and cash the ticket" well.....a 40-1 bomb comes in which would have gotten me +$600.
I commend a wife who says don't be a pussy but geezzzz.
I'll get them again. Rosie see you on the 1st at AP. I'll give you my box #

Post #: 49
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Other Sports] >> Horse and Dog Racing >> RE: HORSE STORY For you guys Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 Unicode