Sports Forum   |   Scoreboard   |   Contact Us   |   WinPicks Software   |   Talkstock   |   Advertise   |   Follow Us on Twitter   |   Register  |   Login 
Register to post in the sports forumDownload the ScoresLine App for Android 

Forums   Register   Profile   Inbox   Address Book   Subscribe   My Forums   Search   FAQ   Login   Log Out

Vista-Formula Tuner a lot slower with VISTA   Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sports Handicapping Resources] >> WinPicks Software Forum >> Vista-Formula Tuner a lot slower with VISTA Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Vista-Formula Tuner a lot slower with VISTA - 1/25/2008 2:45:59 AM   
HowDOG

The Math Calculation a lot slower using New computer with a Core Duo E 6550 Processor. Using Vista OS  I recently installed winpicks on my new computer I purchased. It is a core duo processor using Windows Vista. When I use formula tuner it works a lot slower that my Windows XP with a slower processor. Am I doing something wrong? Or is it the Vista OS? 
Should I revert to XP? Advice Anyone?
Post #: 1
RE: Vista-Formula Tuner a lot slower with VISTA - 1/25/2008 11:12:13 PM   
webman

How much memory do you have on your Vista machine?  Vista doesn't run very well if you have less than 2 gigabytes of RAM.  If you have sufficient RAM, Vista should be just as fast as XP.

There might also be some other background processes running on your Vista computer (adware, spyware, etc.) that is slowing it down. 

(in reply to HowDOG)
Post #: 2
RE: Vista-Formula Tuner a lot slower with VISTA - 1/26/2008 4:17:05 AM   
HowDOG

Using 2 GB
everything else latest and the greatest. Using performance Test Benchmark software v6.1 scores a 654, Old computer using XP with a 3.0 and 2 GB of memory scores a 274 but run formula tuner 30x faster.
Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to make a special setting?
Something Not right here.

New system Intel Core2 Duo processor E6550 (2.33GHz 1333FSB) w/Dual Core Technology and 4MB cache with 2GB RAM

Old system
Intel Pentium 4  3.0 800 FSB 2GB Ram

< Message edited by HowDOG -- 1/26/2008 5:44:46 AM >

(in reply to HowDOG)
Post #: 3
RE: Vista-Formula Tuner a lot slower with VISTA - 1/26/2008 6:37:29 PM   
HowDOG

Yes I did follow what you suggested and I see what is happening and when I changed from default formulas to my formulas I transferred from old unit I use database and test value far less than the 4 stock formulas you package with WinPicks, that is why it was working slow (or what I thought was slow) I never use those and delete them. When using 3 week rolling average and 10-12 games in Test Method is runs like a bullet and I overlooked this.

Sorry to stir up what I thought was a Vista Problem or a Vista settings problem

Thanks

(in reply to HowDOG)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sports Handicapping Resources] >> WinPicks Software Forum >> Vista-Formula Tuner a lot slower with VISTA Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 Unicode