Sports Forum   |   Scoreboard   |   Contact Us   |   WinPicks Software   |   Talkstock   |   Advertise   |   Follow Us on Twitter   |   Register  |   Login 
Register to post in the sports forumDownload the ScoresLine App for Android 

Forums   Register   Profile   Inbox   Address Book   Subscribe   My Forums   Search   FAQ   Login   Log Out

What apears to be a big problem   Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sports Handicapping Resources] >> WinPicks Software Forum >> What apears to be a big problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What apears to be a big problem - 12/14/2007 12:18:19 PM   
charlie476

I did a trend search last night after all games where added to database there were 3 games that didnt have a line yet. It came up with 7 plays. This morning when I ran it i manually added the other game lines and ran trend seeker. Half of the plays from last night are no plays now. Yes they have the same line as when I ran seeker the 1st time. So im wondering is there something wrong with the software cause why would I get two different results for a game that already had all the results? I cant see how adding a game line for a different game affects any other games?
Post #: 1
RE: What apears to be a big problem - 12/15/2007 10:02:54 AM   
WinPicks Support

If you add a line into one of the "My Lines" files, WinPicks switches all of the games lines to the new data set.    Because of this you have to make sure the My Lines data has enough previous games in it so the "After Playing" trends will produce the same results as when running with the downloaded lines.    

You can add lines to the My Lines file for previous dates using the "Copy From" downloaded lines feature in the "Lines and Totals" screen.     Once you have enough games in the My Lines files, the results should be the same in Trend Alerts when running with downloaded lines.

The My Lines file starts with an empty database.    If you wish to initialize all of the My Lines for the season with the download lines, you can do it, but you need to copy a file in Windows.   In the "C:\WinPicks 2007\Stats" folder, the downloaded lines are saved in a file called "cblines.07".   The "My Lines" are stored in a file called "cblines1.07".    To make them the same, exit WinPicks, and remove the "cblines1.07" file from the folder.   Then make a copy of cblines.07, and rename it as cblines1.07.  My Lines will look just like the the downloaded lines after that, and you can enter your own lines and keep it up to date.

(in reply to charlie476)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sports Handicapping Resources] >> WinPicks Software Forum >> What apears to be a big problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 Unicode