Sports Forum   |   Scoreboard   |   Contact Us   |   WinPicks Software   |   Talkstock   |   Advertise   |   Follow Us on Twitter   |   Register  |   Login 
Register to post in the sports forumDownload the ScoresLine App for Android 

Forums   Register   Profile   Inbox   Address Book   Subscribe   My Forums   Search   FAQ   Login   Log Out

Anyone successful?   Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sports Handicapping Resources] >> WinPicks Software Forum >> Anyone successful? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Anyone successful? - 12/5/2007 5:26:24 PM   
tbird35

I've had the WinPick software for around 45 days now.

NFL o.k. and some success, however the pro basketball has been a joke.

OF course, you can 'fine tune' it all to find what "worked" in the past, but doesn't seem to carry forward at all.  Similar to 'backtesting' or 'curve fitting' the system for financial markets.

I would like to hear from anyone using the Pro Basketball with success.

Post #: 1
RE: Anyone successful? - 12/6/2007 11:55:42 PM   
crazycanuck

i am actually shocked at how well I am doing on pro basketball.  I would've figured it to be so-so, but in fact its my most profitable sport!  Both ats and totals, i've been able to be really profitable.

i would say, i use WP as a tool, not the final answer. So by using my own info and handicapping in addition to WP i can elimate a few games, which if you can do that to a few losers your winning percentage goes up a lot.

yes the curve fitting doesn't always work, otherwise we'd all be rich LOL.  there are some formulas that work well, but i built them myself.  it takes time and more than simply hitting 'tune'

overall i've been really happy with all the sports WP offers.  I only wish they offered hockey, baseball and soccer.

(in reply to tbird35)
Post #: 2
RE: Anyone successful? - 2/22/2008 11:24:40 AM   
ks215

im a win picks new user.  how do you go about building your own formula?  i know there is a lot of info but what advice do you have to give?

(in reply to crazycanuck)
Post #: 3
RE: Anyone successful? - 4/29/2008 10:21:09 PM   
buddy580

Using Winpics for the NBA all this year, I have had an incredible 74.9% wins in ATS only. I very seldom use the Totals part of the program. I find it to be very accurate when I use the consensus area of predicting. I actually grouped 10 formulas together and needed for 7 to agree before I used the pick. The results were 253 wins .... 85 losses and 6 pushes. I also want to add that I used this from the beginning of the season and it wasn't calculated late in the season. It is very legitimate. Since April 11 .... I am at a GREAT 19 wins ....  4 losses. That is why I am begging for a Baseball cousin to this program.

< Message edited by buddy580 -- 4/29/2008 10:24:29 PM >

(in reply to tbird35)
Post #: 4
RE: Anyone successful? - 8/6/2008 3:28:18 PM   
FinalFrontier

I've had decent success most seasons with the Winpicks NFL analyst.  Looking forward to this season.

BaseballFormula.com has a good MLB Totals Formula program that they sell.  I've won 28 units so far this season with it.  Two months to go this season.

I have also had very good results from BaseballModel.com - they're spreadsheets help me pick good underdogs. 

Sure would like to see WinPicks come out with a baseball software product!

(in reply to tbird35)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sports Handicapping Resources] >> WinPicks Software Forum >> Anyone successful? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 Unicode