Sports Forum   |   Scoreboard   |   Contact Us   |   WinPicks Software   |   Talkstock   |   Advertise   |   Follow Us on Twitter   |   Register  |   Login 
Register to post in the sports forumDownload the ScoresLine App for Android 

Forums   Register   Profile   Inbox   Address Book   Subscribe   My Forums   Search   FAQ   Login   Log Out

This is kind of interesting...   Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sports Handicapping Resources] >> WinPicks Software Forum >> This is kind of interesting... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
This is kind of interesting... - 11/6/1998 12:00:00 AM   
John H

I'm trying to build the worst NFL sides formula ever, the ultimate go-against, so I make a lot of crazy formulas that have no logic or anything. Most of the time, nothing comes of it. However, this one is rather interesting.

I call it OHNO!

Interceptions 32.0
Punts 9.0
Fumbles 43.0
FG % 16.0
HFA 6
PSM 7
lbw 6
ubw 21

It turns out to be a mediocre sides formula. But take a look at how it does on totals...

Post #: 1
RE: This is kind of interesting... - 11/6/1998 5:35:00 PM   
AKDave

Interesting concept and interesting formula. You didn't specify a database so I used STD and got 23-7, 76.7%, for +15.3 units to date on totals. Not bad, and it recommends 4 games for this Sunday.

I doubt that I could build a formula as bad as the three I already have. One is HIROLLER which was created by Microbro and was part of last years software. Modified to STD it is cruising along at 16.7 %. The other two are X and XBUG which I copied from the forum last year. X was created by Nevess and XBUG by Nevess as tweaked by Bugsy. X is currently at 3-14, and 17.6%. while XBUG is 3-16, and 15.8%.

Strangely, these were two of my best formulas last year. Through the middle of October, 97 they were both over 90%. I have never really had a formula that stood the test of time over more than a couple of years, but to go from the best to the worst in one year is ridiculous. Keep up the good work. Dave

(in reply to John H)
Post #: 2
RE: This is kind of interesting... - 11/6/1998 8:33:00 PM   
John H

Hi-Roller is down to 16% I haven't looked at it since it went toes up last year. Must see if it's still in my file from last year. does it have any plays for Sunday?

(in reply to John H)
Post #: 3
RE: This is kind of interesting... - 11/7/1998 4:22:00 AM   
Slim

AKDave, I don't seem to have Hiroller in my arsenal.....could you post the formula for me? I would like to maybe add it to my go against consensus picks if it's only hitting at 16%. If you post the other two, I'll look at those too. Thanks.

(in reply to John H)
Post #: 4
RE: This is kind of interesting... - 11/7/1998 6:05:00 PM   
AKDave

John H. and Slim,

---------------X-------XBUG
return yds----0.1-------"
punts--------34.71
penalties----15.52
yds per pass-17.83
yds per punt-31.95
HFA-----------0.51----- 0.45
PSM------------.22-------.31
LW------------3.50------3.25
UW------------4.00------4.25
Roll----------4---------4

I don't know how useful HIROLLER is since it hasn't produced a pick for about 4 weeks. If you would like it I will e-mail it. The two above usually have about two picks a week, but this week only X picked--Tennessee.

[This message has been edited by AKDave (edited 11-07-98).]

(in reply to John H)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sports Handicapping Resources] >> WinPicks Software Forum >> This is kind of interesting... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 Unicode