Sports Forum   |   Scoreboard   |   Contact Us   |   WinPicks Software   |   Talkstock   |   Advertise   |   Follow Us on Twitter   |   Register  |   Login 
Register to post in the sports forumDownload the ScoresLine App for Android 

Forums   Register   Profile   Inbox   Address Book   Subscribe   My Forums   Search   FAQ   Login   Log Out

Does anybody find...   Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sports Handicapping Resources] >> WinPicks Software Forum >> Does anybody find... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Does anybody find... - 11/2/1998 12:00:00 AM   
John H

That the WinPicks college programme falls in love with certain teams? I've got a couple that pop up clemson, ark. St., SDS, SJ State and Northeast Louisiana like clockwork.

BTW, I've put together a new set of pro consensus that are hitting a great rate -- went 6-0 on sunday, plus I've used Surelock to creat a couple of new formulae that are, at least for the moment. If anyone wants my RunBaby formula, let me know and I'll post it.

Post #: 1
RE: Does anybody find... - 11/2/1998 10:40:00 AM   
Slim

Hi John, I have not used the college program too much....but would love to see your new pro formula. I'd like to compare them to my go against formulas to see if I can up the percentage even more. Thanks.

(in reply to John H)
Post #: 2
RE: Does anybody find... - 11/2/1998 4:02:00 PM   
John H

This is RUNBABY -- I made it about 4 weeks ago with SURELOCK (which is why it looks weird), and it's on fire. And, as a bonus, it's pretty much a go against totals formula as well.

I do like simplicity in a formula, which this one has, and one that keeps giving you plays after you build it, and this one has.

Rushing Yards 100
HFA 3.963
PSM .007
Lower W 1
Upper W 2

Roll 3

(in reply to John H)
Post #: 3
RE: Does anybody find... - 11/2/1998 5:41:00 PM   
Slim

Looks like a good formula John. I have it at 22-7-2 ytd 75.9%...would you mind telling me what consensus formulas you are using to get that 6-0 Sunday? Thanks. P.S. Atweak woke up this week and went 5-2 ATS. I'll have to monitor it, if it has another good week, I'll have to drop it from my "go against" formulas.

(in reply to John H)
Post #: 4
RE: Does anybody find... - 11/2/1998 5:46:00 PM   
AKDave

Thanks John H., Excellent formula. It's interesting also that it makes the same picks with the same results no matter what database is used. You've inspired me to go back and try SURELOCK once more. Dave

(in reply to John H)
Post #: 5
RE: Does anybody find... - 11/2/1998 7:51:00 PM   
AKDave

John H. and Slim,
Played around with SURELOCK awhile and using your penchant for simplicity put in 100% passing yards and oddly enough came out with very similar results. 17-7-2, 70.8%, +9.3, and 5-0, 1-0, 2-0, 2-0 last four dates. Oddly, it picked the same 5 games on Sunday as Runbaby with the same result.

Pass yds. 100
HFA 4.43
L.W. 1.50
U.W. 2.00
Roll 26

As with Runbaby, the database seems to make no difference. Dave

(in reply to John H)
Post #: 6
RE: Does anybody find... - 11/2/1998 9:34:00 PM   
John H

The formulas in my consensus are all custom formula that I've put together with Surelock

BOGUS, which uses FG percentage, points and return yards,

DOWNLOCK, which uses firstdowns

MYBAD, which uses fumbles lost, times sacked, sack yards and penalty yards, hence the title

PASSLOCK, which is similar to Runbaby, only using passing yards -- you seem to have built that one yourself already

and FIVE, which uses Fumbles, Fumbles lost and a couple of yardage stats.

Email me and I can send them to you.

(in reply to John H)
Post #: 7
RE: Does anybody find... - 11/4/1998 3:59:00 PM   
AKDave

I created a new formula, with the help of SURELOCK, using only passing yards and rushing yards. It was at 70% but produced few units so I tweaked the upper and lower windows to get more units and came out with 33-16, 67.3%, +15.4 units and 6-2, 3-0, 3-1, 6-1, 5-1 last five weekends. I call it simply PY-RY.

RY 41.61
PY 58.39
HFA 4.64
PSM 0.38
LW 2.0
UW 6.0
Roll 3gms.

Feel free to tweak it. Dave

(in reply to John H)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sports Handicapping Resources] >> WinPicks Software Forum >> Does anybody find... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 Unicode