Sports Forum   |   Scoreboard   |   Contact Us   |   WinPicks Software   |   Talkstock   |   Advertise   |   Follow Us on Twitter   |   Register  |   Login 
Register to post in the sports forumDownload the ScoresLine App for Android 

Forums   Register   Profile   Inbox   Address Book   Subscribe   My Forums   Search   FAQ   Login   Log Out

NFL WinPicks Formulas: Any above 60%   Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sports Handicapping Resources] >> WinPicks Software Forum >> NFL WinPicks Formulas: Any above 60% Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
NFL WinPicks Formulas: Any above 60% - 10/12/1998 12:00:00 AM   
rms

I'm looking for NFL Formula(s) for WinPicks. I've downloaded the 1997 Demo and can't seem to get above 58% ATS.

Thanks.

[This message has been edited by rms (edited 10-12-98).]

Post #: 1
RE: NFL WinPicks Formulas: Any above 60% - 10/12/1998 10:30:00 PM   
John H

If you have surelock, you can create some high percentage but highly selective formula by creating formulas with a single parameter (I've done so with rushing yards, Time of Possession, passing yards, etcetera.)

If not, email me, I can send you a couple.

(in reply to rms)
Post #: 2
RE: NFL WinPicks Formulas: Any above 60% - 10/13/1998 11:12:00 AM   
rms

The two SIDES formulas that come with the demo produce good results... but they are HIGHLY variable. For example, DANDYON predicts about 62% ATS for 1997. But now change the rolling average from 3 weeks to 4 or 2 or 1 or 5 or 6 weeks. The thing totally falls apart.

What this tells me is that at the setting of 3 WEEKS is an ABERATION of the numbers which cannot be predicted a priori.

Would love to have the freedom to allow a computer program to allow more "non-linear" and "multi-variant" analysis. Having 30 variables which are all algebreically summed with various weighting factors is not a "multi-variant" analysis. While good, it's not enough... you can't scale for BLOWOUTS, Expected Margins of Victory vs. Actual Margins of Victory and all other kinds of popular concepts.

I'd love to see more models posted here. Thanks.

(in reply to rms)
Post #: 3
RE: NFL WinPicks Formulas: Any above 60% - 10/13/1998 11:53:00 PM   
shoeless

go to buck's unlimited-they have some good formulas you can download in the download section. also i have found using season to date, 3 stats, #weeks= to season to date and update each new week has produced results around 65% the last few weeks.

"the next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing" james coburn in hardtimes

"you can fail on your own terms" clint eastwood

(in reply to rms)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sports Handicapping Resources] >> WinPicks Software Forum >> NFL WinPicks Formulas: Any above 60% Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 Unicode