Sports Forum   |   Scoreboard   |   Contact Us   |   WinPicks Software   |   Talkstock   |   Advertise   |   Follow Us on Twitter   |   Register  |   Login 
Register to post in the sports forumDownload the ScoresLine App for Android 

Forums   Register   Profile   Inbox   Address Book   Subscribe   My Forums   Search   FAQ   Login   Log Out

WinPicks' long-term effectiveness   Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sports Handicapping Resources] >> WinPicks Software Forum >> WinPicks' long-term effectiveness Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WinPicks' long-term effectiveness - 8/20/2006 8:40:13 PM   
fibonacci

Greetings everybody!

I haven't gotten the WinPicks' software yet, but am thinking to buy it and install it. I wanted to know if it's possible to make money with this package by betting on every single game out there on the board, by following the predictions made by WinPicks. Let's say my goal is to make $30 per day using WinPicks. I bet small amounts on every game in College Football. Will WinPicks show profit in the long run? Please share your experiences and opinions. Regards.
Post #: 1
RE: WinPicks' long-term effectiveness - 8/21/2006 5:29:34 AM   
bilbal

fibonacci,

Use Winpicks as a complement to your handicapping toolbox, don't make it your only tool.  For example, Winpicks might tell you the over is a play in a football game, but check the forecast, which might call for heavy rain...check the injury report which might list a key player(s)...read up on the teams which might reveal they match up well defensively or be out for revenge, look at everything, not just Winpicks, you'll be much better off.  Just my thoughts, hope they help!

Bill

(in reply to fibonacci)
Post #: 2
RE: WinPicks' long-term effectiveness - 8/21/2006 11:08:41 PM   
fibonacci

Thanks Bilbal!

I was wondering if there's any way I could check out the history of predictions made by WinPicks. I do understand it'll be my companion in my decision making. The way I wanted to approach WinPicks is bet on each game on the board taking WinPicks' verdicts as final. If there are 15 games on the board and each of them has the line of -110 and WinPicks guesses 9 right, that's what I'm looking for in the long run. I look at it as a way to generate passive income in the long run, rather than spending a lot of time on analysis. To me WinPicks is desirably a handicapper like The Duke or Adam Meyer, the difference being the amount of money I pay for the tip.  

(in reply to bilbal)
Post #: 3
RE: WinPicks' long-term effectiveness - 12/8/2006 9:54:06 AM   
kingwasabi

I am with you fibonacci.

Some people don't understand the simple concept that if you could bet every game on the board and hit just 55% you would be a rich man just betting small change.  Does not have to be every sport.  I would expect college to present the best opportunity.  Obviously the formula results would have to go back at least 5 years with an ideal year to year range between 55-57%.  Baseball as well although we would have to talk about units won not % results.

Let me know if you have found out anything since your post.

(in reply to fibonacci)
Post #: 4
RE: WinPicks' long-term effectiveness - 12/24/2006 12:57:42 AM   
GODS OTHER SON

Fibbonacci,
  I know i am getting in at the end of the season. I was trying to make money betting and lost it all for the 2nd yr. I bought this at the midway of the season. My one rule is after i lose all the money i set aside for betting, i am done betting for the season. No use in throwing good money after bad. Though, after buying this service, i was real tempted too.
To figure out the formulas do 2 things. tune and comare. ure own and download from the formula warehouse. tune the ones u download because they go by 10 stats, and u tune for 20.
  What i did, is you tune your 30-40 best ats formulas-use the night shift formula.(or however many you use, i have at least 100 formulas, some for ATS some for SU)
  Then what i do is you go to formulas and test your formula for the season/using all kinds of databases. this will give you the chance to see what your formula does. Usually I test for season to date. Then I go to concensus ATS majority and unanimous for a grou of formulas that are my best ATS formulas. to get better results i go for at least ten(when u tune, tune for ats units-not ct. your ct will come up. to me the best is 70% ct wise. 2-3 weeks ago, i had 1 formula to 75%ats) when you get a concencus on both ways(maj and unanimous) then under concencus test for the season.
  Agood examle is on the formulas i use for unanimous ats was 41-1-2 97.6% with about 40 units. On majority I got 143-46-6 or 76.9% with102.4 units. In other words, if u start at the beginning of the season with 2k and bet 100.00 a game on both methods, you would have won roughly 4k on unanimous and roughly 10,240.00 on majority(of course that bgeing the sread of who u bet with the same as winpicks) for total of about 15 k. not bad for the season to date.
Of course u should also go by injuries ect.-other factors. But if you go by winicks alone using a concencus of tuned formulas, betting on all reccomendations using maj. and unanimous, this season, u be a lot richer.
 By the way, where did u get ure name from. I am learning how to daytrade and invest and one of the methods i am taught is the fibbonacci method.
Take it easy
GODS OTHER SON

YOU AINT CAV YOU AINT SHIT

(in reply to fibonacci)
Post #: 5
RE: WinPicks' long-term effectiveness - 2/15/2007 10:27:59 PM   
fibonacci

Hi guys!

My nick 'fibonacci' is about the famous series of numbers (each number is the sum of the previous two), thanks for your input God's Other Son!

I finally downloaded the program. At the 1st glance, some of the things are absolutely Greek to me. Where do I start? What's the best formula (Chop?)? Please share your experience, I'd do the same and will when get better at this.
Thanks!

(in reply to GODS OTHER SON)
Post #: 6
Here my experience - 2/19/2007 3:38:47 AM   
xu2

I'm using the program since 2 months now. Here's my experience.

I have created 4 consensus formulas with 30 individual formulas for NBA and NCAAB sides and totals. In each group of formulas i'm using different approaches (avg, rolling avg, season to date, etc ...), the only rule is that each individual formula should be tuned over a 75% of success.

Each consensus formula is showing over 90% of success with "consensus 2" and i'm getting some profit (around 63% of success) in NBA with the selections.

The picks for NCAAB were a disaster. The consensus formula showed me a 97% of success but  every day i was losing money, last saturdays the formula just win one pick from 10 and 13 !!!. So I decided to bet the opposite from the formula and since two weeks now i'm getting huge profit with NCAAB.
Everyday I'm tunning the formulas.

I cannot understand why a consensus formula in NCAAB showing everyday a 97% of success, is failing everyday. But once you know, just select the oposite games and you will earn money.

If someone can explain why something that it works for NBA doesn't work NCAAB will be appreciated ...

I wait for more experiences and tricks !!!

(in reply to fibonacci)
Post #: 7
RE: Here my experience - 2/20/2007 11:32:25 PM   
fibonacci

xu2,

I've been using the Winpicks (Both basketball packages) for 6 days. Some things I discovered have astounded me! I found two formulas that I tested for each given day and was pleasantly surprised to come across something that I'd been dreaming about! In fact, one formula (I've never tuned it) picks ATS in college hoops, the other one - totals in NBA. I bet $5 on each game and in 5 days have amassed $97 so far. I guess what's important is to test several formulas against each day (since 2005 let's say) and see the summing footing for that day.
If you're interested in what I got, send me a PM. Best Of Luck!

(in reply to xu2)
Post #: 8
RE: Here my experience - 2/21/2007 2:41:41 AM   
xu2

That's very nice. I have sent you a pm.

By the way, any good experience with Trends ? I have tried to use the trend analysis to bet games but without success. Anyone got the right parameters to get good results for NCAAB and NBA ?

(in reply to fibonacci)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sports Handicapping Resources] >> WinPicks Software Forum >> WinPicks' long-term effectiveness Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 Unicode