Sports Forum   |   Scoreboard   |   Contact Us   |   WinPicks Software   |   Talkstock   |   Advertise   |   Follow Us on Twitter   |   Register  |   Login 
Register to post in the sports forumDownload the ScoresLine App for Android 

Forums   Register   Profile   Inbox   Address Book   Subscribe   My Forums   Search   FAQ   Login   Log Out

PLUS30 week#9 picks...majors 9-3 ats last 3 weeks   Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Pro Sports] >> NFL and CFL >> PLUS30 week#9 picks...majors 9-3 ats last 3 weeks Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PLUS30 week#9 picks...majors 9-3 ats last 3 weeks - 11/1/2005 3:34:16 PM   
shoeless

plus 30 major picks started out on fire last sunday going 2-0 ats until the late games kicked in and fell 1-2 ats giving an overall 3-2 ats for week#8 and going 11-5 ats so far for the year. the minor plays did a respectable 2-1 ats going 8-5 ats for the year. i guess it was too much to ask the bucs and steelers to cover double digit spreads especially with a rookie qb for the bucs playing. i think i'll relegate double digit favs to minor plays from now on.
it is strange that teams that look great one week fall flat on their faces the next. one constant seems the plus30 plays except where double digit favs and injuries are concerned. the only team that seems to cover as double digit favs are the colts. the 49ers and texans looking horrible in the early season might have turned the corner and will at least be competitive when big dogs. this week's plays are:
major plays:

the chargers(+50)(-62) over the jets

the chiefs(+45)(-27) over the raiders

the steelers(+58)(-13) over the packers check status of qb

the colts(+51)(-20) over the pats
minor plays:

the falcons(+71)(+8) over the dolphins

the giants(+30)(-8) over the 49ers double digit favs

the seahawks(+81)(+1) over the cards

the redskins(+65)(+6) over the eagles
the bucs(+32)(-2) are eliminated until their qb stituation is resolved.
my personal favorite is the chargers over the jets. the chargers need to win most or all their games down the stretch to make the playoffs and they do have a playoff caliber team that has faced some tough losses. meanwhile the jets are desperately looking for a qb and haven't had any luck finding one. this does not bode well for the jets who are qucikly becoming the afc east cellar dwellers. don't forget when playing favs it pays to get down early as the spread tends to go up as the week goes by and teasing teams which are 6-8 point favs pays as you get them as almost straight up winners.

"the next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing" james coburn in hardtimes

"you can fail on your own terms" clint eastwood
Post #: 1
RE: PLUS30 week#9 picks...majors 9-3 ats last 3 weeks - 11/6/2005 12:00:38 AM   
Sam Ace Rothstein

bump

The greatest achievement is selflessness.
The greatest action is not conforming with the worlds ways.
The greatest goodness is a peaceful mind.
The greatest patience is humility.
The greatest wisdom is seeing through appearances.

(in reply to shoeless)
Post #: 2
RE: PLUS30 week#9 picks...majors 9-3 ats last 3 weeks - 11/7/2005 11:39:48 PM   
rms

I've just been using the "plain old vanilla" PLUS30 Model this year, without modification from last year, and without taking into account injuries. My results after 9 weeks are:

Criteria W .... L .... PCT
15/15 ... 31 ... 22 ... 58% (+6.8 u)
30/30 ... 20 ... 15 ... 57% (+3.5 u)
45/45 ... 16 ... 11 ... 59% (+3.0 u)
50/XX ... 08 ... 04 ... 67% (+3.6 u)

that's pretty good for a 'fire and forget' system.

(in reply to shoeless)
Post #: 3
RE: PLUS30 week#9 picks...majors 9-3 ats last 3 weeks - 11/8/2005 12:03:49 AM   
Thomas

Holy smokin guns shoeless thats some nice results this week to say the least and I was on everyone except kc had the raiders +4. I use a something in my capping similiar to your plus 30 but I use a 4 game rolling avg, it's not my only criteria but it is one I like. rms nice record man I hope some people are watching this stuff it's great info guys, thanx

Tom

(in reply to shoeless)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Pro Sports] >> NFL and CFL >> PLUS30 week#9 picks...majors 9-3 ats last 3 weeks Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 Unicode