Sports Forum   |   Scoreboard   |   Contact Us   |   WinPicks Software   |   Talkstock   |   Advertise   |   Follow Us on Twitter   |   Register  |   Login 
Register to post in the sports forumDownload the ScoresLine App for Android 

Forums   Register   Profile   Inbox   Address Book   Subscribe   My Forums   Search   FAQ   Login   Log Out

Balt/Pitt line   Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sports Handicapping Resources] >> WinPicks Software Forum >> Balt/Pitt line Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Balt/Pitt line - 10/31/2005 5:20:50 PM   
Statman02

what the hell is wrong with Winpicks downloaded lines........it is Pitt -13 all over the country and the Winpicks downloaded line is "pick"......if I change it using "my lines" then the trends feature does not work properly.......are you guys asleep at the switch or what ??????
Post #: 1
RE: Balt/Pitt line - 10/31/2005 7:16:36 PM   
Idlemind26@yahoo.com

I was trying to figure out what PK meant the past half hour. Thanks! Also, earlier today I updated stats and analyzed 4 formulas and 2 out of 4 (the other 2 did not pick) of them said Baltimore. About 3 hours later I update and analyze the SAME 4 formulas and they all pick Pitt! And like you said the line reads "PK." I can understand the line changes affecting the results but the line actually favored Baltimore even more throughout the day. Am I missing something? How can the line favor a team even more yet the software produces opposite results? I am confused as hell. Should I wait until right before a game to update and analyze for picks? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

**Fear the Clown**

(in reply to Statman02)
Post #: 2
RE: Balt/Pitt line - 10/31/2005 7:34:38 PM   
Idlemind26@yahoo.com

now the same formulas are reading Baltimore again only 10 minutes after the above post. wtf is going on here?

**Fear the Clown**

(in reply to Statman02)
Post #: 3
RE: Balt/Pitt line - 11/1/2005 7:28:30 AM   
bilbal

the support people are definitely not as "on the ball" this year as they were last year. I've completely given up on downloaded lines because they are too late to take advantage of a soft line, they usually are missing lines and games and they lack totals even though they've been out for days.

I can honestly say that if you are relying on the data that comes from downloaded lines, this software is probably useless to you.

(in reply to Statman02)
Post #: 4
RE: Balt/Pitt line - 11/1/2005 7:41:58 AM   
bilbal

Click Start
Click Run
cut and paste this into the run box
Copy c:\program files\winpicks 2005\stats\pfstats.* pfstats1.*

Click Start
Click Run
cut and paste this into the run box
Copy c:\program files\winpicks 2005\stats\pflines.* pflines1.*

Run WinPicks NFL
Click File
Click Lines and Totals
Click My Lines 1
Click Activate

Problem solved. Now you can copy from Downloaded lines into My Lines 1, update the lines manually to match what books are offering and go from there. I know it's a pain, but it is worth it in the long run.

Here are the commands to do this for the rest of the leagues:

For College Football:
Copy c:\program files\winpicks 2005\stats\cfstats.* cfstats1.*
Copy c:\program files\winpicks 2005\stats\cflines.* cflines1.*

For NBA:
Copy c:\program files\winpicks 2005\stats\pbstats.* pbstats1.*
Copy c:\program files\winpicks 2005\stats\pblines.* pblines1.*

For College Hoops:
Copy c:\program files\winpicks 2005\stats\cbstats.* cbstats1.*
Copy c:\program files\winpicks 2005\stats\cblines.* cblines1.*

(in reply to Statman02)
Post #: 5
RE: Balt/Pitt line - 11/1/2005 11:37:08 PM   
webman

The Pittsburg line was wrong in the WinPicks download for a 2 hour period on Monday. There was a typo our data feed that caused the line to show up as a PK. The line was corrected prior to game time.

The NFL lines in the WinPicks download use the Stardust line as the source, which does provide totals until late in the week.

We will make a change to include totals from other odds sources in the downloaded file so that totals are available earlier.

(in reply to Statman02)
Post #: 6
RE: Balt/Pitt line - 11/2/2005 5:27:27 AM   
bilbal

As reputable as a book as Stardust is, let's face it, I would think that the number of users of WinPicks that have the opportunity to wager there is very very small. Why not just switch to a book like Olympic? They have lines for the next week's games up by Sunday night. I think a switch here would greatly help out your customers.

My point about using My Lines 1 is an issue users need to be aware of. For example, I have Dallas as +1.5 as my line last night, which is the line where WinPicks gave me a "hit" and a line I wagered on. If I relied on downloaded lines, that pick would have "disappeared" on me because the downloaded line is Dallas -1 and my formula considered that a "no play". In order to preserve the line I bet the game at, and the WinPicks selection my formula made, I have to use My Lines.

Bill

(in reply to Statman02)
Post #: 7
RE: Balt/Pitt line - 11/3/2005 1:00:42 PM   
Idlemind26@yahoo.com

Thanks Bill, I will definitely heed your advice. I hope they follow your advice with the Olympic book... that is a definite issue that needs to be addressed for people relying solely on downloaded lines. Much appreciated!

**Fear the Clown**

(in reply to Statman02)
Post #: 8
RE: Balt/Pitt line - 11/4/2005 10:44:33 PM   
rstroud

I can't make WinPicks "Win" very well this year. The best thing I have found so far is Trends.

Example:

Trends From Sun. Jan 6, 2002 To Mon. Oct 31, 2005

at Pittsburgh Steelers by 12.5 Baltimore Ravens O/U 35.5
Pittsburgh Steelers are 24-9-0 O/U As Home (All Lines)
Pittsburgh Steelers are 22-8-0 O/U As Home Favorite (All Lines)
Baltimore Ravens are 18-5-1 ATS After 1 Losses (All Lines)

Trends don't always work, these did.

rstroud

(in reply to Statman02)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sports Handicapping Resources] >> WinPicks Software Forum >> Balt/Pitt line Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 Unicode