Sports Forum   |   Scoreboard   |   Contact Us   |   WinPicks Software   |   Talkstock   |   Advertise   |   Follow Us on Twitter   |   Register  |   Login 
Register to post in the sports forumDownload the ScoresLine App for Android 

Forums   Register   Profile   Inbox   Address Book   Subscribe   My Forums   Search   FAQ   Login   Log Out

WinPicks Formulas   Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sports Handicapping Resources] >> WinPicks Software Forum >> WinPicks Formulas Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WinPicks Formulas - 12/27/2002 11:54:50 AM   
Panama

Does anyone have any updated formulas for WinPicks College Football Analyst? Also can anyone provide any insight on the creation of a new formula? Thank you in advance for your information.
Post #: 1
RE: WinPicks Formulas - 12/27/2002 1:15:23 PM   
hellbringer507

crow5
oh, sorry this is a college basketball formula ....
it was a hard days night.

(in reply to Panama)
Post #: 2
RE: WinPicks Formulas - 12/27/2002 1:22:57 PM   
3dognite

I'll include a couple of formulas which are doing well SO FAR in the Bowls. Towards the end of the season, my formulas all SUCKED, so be warned. The success in the bowls may not continue. Use as consensus.

Based on Sagarin's Ratings for each conference. 80 = 10, 70 = 0, 60 = -10, etc.

I don't need to get filthy rich; but I wouldn't mind getting dirty.

(in reply to Panama)
Post #: 3
RE: WinPicks Formulas - 12/27/2002 1:23:47 PM   
3dognite

Other formula

(in reply to Panama)
Post #: 4
RE: WinPicks Formulas - 12/30/2002 5:27:01 PM   
3dognite

Panama
I don't have the experience level of some others here; but I'll tell you what I've learned this season.
1) Many people on this site can & do share some terrific info & formulas.
2) Formulas may work better in the Pros than college. My early CFB formulas was like taking candy from a baby. Then the wheels came off; don't know why. I think college is much more erratic than Pros. Hopefully, my CBB formulas will hold up. So far, so good. Possibly because there are so many games, that I can be VERY selective with my formulas &, still, get a decent number of plays. The formulas I ended the NFL season with seem pretty solid.
3) If a formula(especially Pros) is good only for this year, it is suspect. Both NBA & NFL teams are fairly competitive and consistent. A good formula SHOULD test well(55%- 65%) over 2 or more seasons. If not, I feel like it's a temporary freak.
4) Always look for a reason NOT to make a bet. Even if you happen to pass up some winners, it's better to get off a game when you find some negative info on it. Or if just one of your 5(or 3 or...whatever) favorite formulas doesn't like it (and all your formulas make sense to you).
5) In the NFL, use Surelock to find what parameters are "significant". Use a great Surelock formula as a starting point and see if you can adjust it to work for the last 2 or 3 seasons. If it holds up (more than 55%), you might have a winner.
6) No one does as much work on formulas as hellbringer (although, reb8 is really steady in the NBA). If either of them start talking formulas or sharing, JUMP ON IT. Hellbringer had a very good post about his formula thinking.
7) Never go hog-wild on anyone's posted formula which did REALLY WELL the last "X" weeks. It's easy to fine tune formulas for PAST games. Test it for more than a season. Watch it for couple weeks before betting with it.
8) I think the ideal combination of formulas(used as Consensus) would have the following: 60+ % this season; 55+ % the last 2 seasons, maximum number of picks per week or day depending on the sport.( I can't take advantage of a college basketball formula which wins 60% by going 16-11-2 every 4 days. Meanwhile, I'm trying to bet NFL, CBB & NBA. Too much outlay & research.), has at least 1 formula using lots of games & another using the last few games, 1 formula using win% & another not using it, and (in CBB) not using any conference ratings.(Conference ratings change from week to week and year to year).
Enough rambling. I did not write this because I think I'm good. I wrote because so many others have shared great info on this site. I just wanted to "give back" in some way.
Good luck to all of us.

Happy New Year

(in reply to Panama)
Post #: 5
RE: WinPicks Formulas - 12/31/2002 12:29:15 AM   
hellbringer507

Here is a interesting NBA Totals formula I came up with.
Look close at the very large "game at home" numbers. That seems to really make the Totals rock.
For me it is all in the 20 date rotation and it seems the NBA totals are the very best of all Winpicks software.
I now have 323 NBA formulas and every day I rotate in and out all 323 based on how they have done in the last 20 dates and I throw out any of these that have lost more than 1 game in the last 5 and they all have to be above 60% and have at least 15 + units. Even after all this I have 15 - 30 formulas in my consences. From there I set the consences to unanimous and then to become a play a pick must have over 3 formuals pick it. I bet $44.00 per pick and I have a $1100.00 bank so my unit size is 4%.
Some nights I pick random dates in the winpicks date window and set to the last 20 dates and build new formulas so I do not end up with too many all based on the same 20 dates. This is all a bunch of work, but I can tell you from years of doing this that if you do as I do you will make money. This is the first year that it all has really come together for me. I am getting tempted to take this little venture to the Vegas strip and start a $10 K bank going.
Good New Year to this cool Forum ! see attached formula

(in reply to Panama)
Post #: 6
RE: WinPicks Formulas - 1/2/2003 1:33:23 PM   
3dognite

Hell

Thanks for all the great info. I hope you can continue your winning ways and SOMEDAY....maybe can make steady $$$$$$...!!!

(in reply to Panama)
Post #: 7
RE: WinPicks Formulas - 1/2/2003 10:49:26 PM   
computerguy

Hell,
How long does it take you to go through all those formulas? Do you know anyway you can go from one formula to the next without actually click the down arrow and choosing it?

(in reply to Panama)
Post #: 8
RE: WinPicks Formulas - 1/3/2003 12:05:40 PM   
hellbringer507

I have about 320 NBA formulas now.
Takes me about 45 min, if I do not have a hangover.
Over a hour with a hangover.
Yea if they would make the top windows where you read the total win % and the units a subtle shade of gray or something it would make it faster for the eyes to pick up the info. A few hot keys would really be cool, shave off some time. I hope to have about 600 formulas in the next few weeks. That seems to be about my limit on how much time I can spend on loading consensus -es everyday. Once I get to 600 I will just refine them and make them stronger.
Today I have Den to go over 175 and it was hit by 12 formulas so I will be visiting my the Vegas strip today with a few hundred in hopes of a big night.
Good Luck 2 u
HELL

(in reply to Panama)
Post #: 9
RE: WinPicks Formulas - 1/3/2003 11:56:00 PM   
hellbringer507

The 12 hit plays almost always come threw.
Denver going over even !! Y E A
I am keeping complete records in Excel of the great results of Winpicks NBA ! Man if this baby can just keep rocking, by May I will have a ton of $$$$$
Formula work always pays in the end.....
HELL

(in reply to Panama)
Post #: 10
RE: WinPicks Formulas - 1/8/2003 11:11:45 AM   
PAPA49

<< Here is a interesting NBA Totals formula I came up with.

Look close at the very large "game at home" numbers. That seems to really make the Totals rock.

For me it is all in the 20 date rotation and it seems the NBA totals are the very best of all Winpicks software.

I now have 323 NBA formulas and every day I rotate in and out all 323 based on how they have done in the last 20 dates and I throw out any of these that have lost more than 1 game in the last 5 and they all have to be above 60% and have at least 15 + units. Even after all this I have 15 - 30 formulas in my consences. From there I set the consences to unanimous and then to become a play a pick must have over 3 formuals pick it. I bet $44.00 per pick and I have a $1100.00 bank so my unit size is 4%.

Some nights I pick random dates in the winpicks date window and set to the last 20 dates and build new formulas so I do not end up with too many all based on the same 20 dates. This is all a bunch of work, but I can tell you from years of doing this that if you do as I do you will make money. This is the first year that it all has really come together for me. I am getting tempted to take this little venture to the Vegas strip and start a $10 K bank going.

Good New Year to this cool Forum ! see attached formula
>>

(in reply to Panama)
Post #: 11
RE: WinPicks Formulas - 1/8/2003 11:12:26 AM   
PAPA49

and not one of those 300 score over 60 ats.

(in reply to Panama)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sports Handicapping Resources] >> WinPicks Software Forum >> WinPicks Formulas Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 Unicode