Sports Forum   |   Scoreboard   |   Contact Us   |   WinPicks Software   |   Talkstock   |   Advertise   |   Follow Us on Twitter   |   Register  |   Login 
Register to post in the sports forumDownload the ScoresLine App for Android 

Forums   Register   Profile   Inbox   Address Book   Subscribe   My Forums   Search   FAQ   Login   Log Out

RE: NEW IMPROVED NBA FORMULA RULES!   Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sports Handicapping Resources] >> WinPicks Software Forum >> RE: NEW IMPROVED NBA FORMULA RULES! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: NEW IMPROVED NBA FORMULA RULES! - 9/1/2002 3:30:14 AM   
THE UNDERTAKER

So of course, steps A,B and C above do require a lot of time and energy. However nobody said it was easy. Because if it was every body would be doing it, and everybody would be making lots and lots of money.

As a matter of fact, if you devoted 1 to 3 hours a day, you might still get done in time for the start of the NBA season. This type of thing takes atleast a minimum of a good month or 2 to develop to it's fullest potential.

(in reply to THE UNDERTAKER)
Post #: 21
RE: NEW IMPROVED NBA FORMULA RULES! - 9/1/2002 5:11:30 AM   
Underdoggg

so whats your point?

when in doubt
take the underdog

Post #: 22
RE: NEW IMPROVED NBA FORMULA RULES! - 9/1/2002 11:07:15 AM   
THE UNDERTAKER

UNDERDOGG, THIS MESSAGE IS JUST FOR YOU ONLY!

If you can not complete steps A,B and C above, than what good are you.
THAT IS MY POINT. It means that you are not really serious about making a lot of money, but just looking for a quick fix like all the other Joe Blow cappers out there.

Post #: 23
RE: NEW IMPROVED NBA FORMULA RULES! - 9/1/2002 11:26:21 AM   
THE UNDERTAKER

Now I can see why 95% of all sports bettors lose money! Becasue there are way too many average Joe Blow cappers out their always looking for a quick fix. They are called compulsive gamblers that always end up losing their ASS every year.

A compulsive gambler doesn't know the meaning of "Time" or "effort". Are you one of those people Underdoggg!

Post #: 24
RE: NEW IMPROVED NBA FORMULA RULES! - 9/5/2002 12:24:02 AM   
THE UNDERTAKER

LESS THAN 2 MONTHS AWAY FOR THE NBA AND COLLEGE HOOPS SEASON!
the funny thing is I don't even like watching basketball, pro nor college. I just like making lots and lots of money.

I do enjoy watching pro and college football on TV, however from a monetary standpoint, I have yet to even try and develop a system for Football, since I wanted to focus on a sport where enough games are played during the year for enough positive feedback.

Post #: 25
RE: NEW IMPROVED NBA FORMULA RULES! - 9/16/2002 10:58:25 PM   

<< Besides, I'm a big bettor. I'l lay 3 dimes a game on every game for the entire season. Which means I still make over $60,000 in my worst year, and over $300,000 my best year. >>

Undertaker is that American $'s or Mexican peso's?:)

Post #: 26
RE: NEW IMPROVED NBA FORMULA RULES! - 9/17/2002 5:52:59 PM   
Number Freak

I believe he's talking about Monopoly money.

http://rack.2.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDE1LzAxLzE5L2QyL2RlZmxhdGVnYXRlLjdmYzM1LmpwZwpwCXRodW1iCTEyMDB4OTYwMD4/697ad4e4/3cc/deflategate.jpg

Post #: 27
RE: NEW IMPROVED NBA FORMULA RULES! - 9/18/2002 2:01:11 PM   
MegaBump

<< But I did have great success on the nfl free downloaded version. However that program was lost earlier this year when I downloaded the actual NBA and college hoops. Unfortunalty I can't download the free version anymore, because it would over write all my existing files.

So the only way for me to get Football at this time is to buy it. which I may , or may not do.
>>

Let me get this straight... You bet 5000 bucks on a baseball game last night, but you wont spend 50 bucks on a piece of software that you had "great success" with. Fifty lousy bucks lol You should be wipin your ass with 50s with as much money as you claim to win.

Post #: 28
RE: NEW IMPROVED NBA FORMULA RULES! - 9/18/2002 4:09:35 PM   
southernfox

I probably shouldn't even take the time to respond to this thread, but i have found it amusing..to say the least! Developing formulas that hit 53% or better for 12 consecutive years with Winpicks is actually not that difficult. I have over 30 formulas in NFL that manage that scenario. Several of those formulas that i use were posted on this site..some by me, and some by others..but look at total units won during 12 LONG YEARS..My formulas range anywhere from 15 to 150 units during that time frame. What interests me the most is the ones that have performed well for the last 5 consecutive individual years. I even have some that i backfitted last year that had winning seasons each year since 1985...AND i thought WOW..if these formulas have never had a losing season i am really on to something...that particular consensus group hit 47% last year. The consensus i had the most success with last year was constantly updated throughout the season using the formulas that were performing above 65%. This method managed a record of 36-14-1 last season...all documented on another site. I had a similar year the year before, but guess what i was only using 2 of the same formulas from that year last season. I wait until at least 4 weeks into the season before i begin wagering on my consensus, so that predictions are being made on this year's stats, and i only use winpicks weeks 5-15 in NFL. As far as the NBA program is concerned..i don't put much stock in a prediction that is determined by how many games a team has played in a row at home or away! Nor in the college program, on strength of conference..However, in defense of those programs their situational analysis to me is worth the cost. I want to congratulate anyone who can have 12 years of success with the same consensus, because i have to constantly refine and update the formulas that i use in mine for it to be productive. Good luck to all of you and hopefully you CAN WORK TOGETHER for the common goal of beating the man...instead of using this space for "tooting our own horns"...Just be careful and do your homework on the games! These programs are not going to provide you with instant handicapping success!

Post #: 29
RE: NEW IMPROVED NBA FORMULA RULES! - 9/20/2002 12:22:30 PM   
Number Freak

southernfox,

I noticed your success last season on the other site. Congratulations. You are one of the only people that I have seen have documented success with this software so far. I had mild success in NBA last year using WinPicks but it was probably more luck than anything else because it was too new to me. I agree with your points about putting more stock in the L5Y. I look at the L3Y closely, but same idea. I believe the game changes and what worked in 1985 as far as formulas isn't going to work in 2002, although it is nice to have a good 17-year ATS with minimal, if none, losing seasons.

Also, units are the most important thing I look for in each individual formula as well. What good is a 75% ATS if you're only 12-4? Plus, as I'm sure you know, these low-production formulas are useless in a consensus.

I understand why you start in Week 5 and I'm assuming that you stop in Week 15 because of the distorted results that occur due to incentive in the final two weeks. I did some research last NBA season of how each of my formulas performed in the final month of the NBA season for that exact reason. The results were consistent with the rest of the season, thus I'm going to take a shot at all 17 weeks in NFL and see what happens, however your theory is going to make me pay attention to my results in the weeks you lay off of.

Thanks for your input and I hope you succeed again this year. Good luck!

http://rack.2.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDE1LzAxLzE5L2QyL2RlZmxhdGVnYXRlLjdmYzM1LmpwZwpwCXRodW1iCTEyMDB4OTYwMD4/697ad4e4/3cc/deflategate.jpg

Post #: 30
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Sports Handicapping Resources] >> WinPicks Software Forum >> RE: NEW IMPROVED NBA FORMULA RULES! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 Unicode