Sports Forum   |   Scoreboard   |   Contact Us   |   WinPicks Software   |   Talkstock   |   Advertise   |   Follow Us on Twitter   |   Register  |   Login 
Register to post in the sports forumDownload the ScoresLine App for Android 

Forums   Register   Profile   Inbox   Address Book   Subscribe   My Forums   Search   FAQ   Login   Log Out

NEW IMPROVED NBA FORMULA RULES!   Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sports Handicapping Resources] >> WinPicks Software Forum >> NEW IMPROVED NBA FORMULA RULES! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
NEW IMPROVED NBA FORMULA RULES! - 8/23/2002 8:54:44 AM   
THE UNDERTAKER

New improved 25 system NBA formula is now up +755.80 units over last 12 years. With best year 101.75 units and worst year +20.2 units.

Toatal record is 6840-5776
54.21 winning %
+755.80 is based on -105 reduced a game which several books now offer.

Has any one else even bothered to try and develop an NBA system. Remember, the more games in a season , the better your changes in winning. Also the more statistical data feed into the system gives better results, and the NBA goes back 12 years of research.

The problem most handicappers make is they want to bet on something that is most fun to them. Or something they can simply watch on TV.
Well, the best games with the best bargains are normally played during the middle of the week that are not televised, that the general public and the average Joe misses because they are to busy working or what ever the case may be.

That's why the NBA and especially College basketball games played Monday thru Thursday are always the best bargains.

I'm not to crazy about betting on Football, because there is to much hype, there's not enough games played in a year to really give the program enough info,and the line makers get all week long to adjust the line to the correct line. In the NBA and College basketball , the line makers only have a few hours to get the line straight, if not, than that's on them.
Post #: 1
RE: NEW IMPROVED NBA FORMULA RULES! - 8/23/2002 11:25:07 AM   
hellbringer507

here is one :

hca : 5.0
blowout limiter : 40
psm : 1.5
lbw : 6
ubw : 8
3rd game on the road : -1.0
4th game on the road : -2.0
5th game on the road -2.0
2nd game at home : 2.0
3rd game at home : 1.0
all the rest set at zero
rolling average of 4 games

(in reply to THE UNDERTAKER)
Post #: 2
RE: NEW IMPROVED NBA FORMULA RULES! - 8/23/2002 10:32:40 PM   
THE UNDERTAKER

Hellbringer, I ran that fromula you gave over the last 12 years.

It is 855-844 since 1990
only 49.2%
a -73.2 units even at a -105 reduced juice

Save your money! get rid of it!

My 25 system formula is hitting over 54% over the last 12 years, which is equalveant to 55% at reduced juice of a -1-5. My system is up +755 units over 12 years, +62.91 units a season, and I won't be happy until I get it up to +1200 units over the last 12 units, an average of +100 units or bettera season.

Post #: 3
RE: NEW IMPROVED NBA FORMULA RULES! - 8/24/2002 9:11:18 AM   
guju

Why dont you share and post your system like other people???

Post #: 4
RE: NEW IMPROVED NBA FORMULA RULES! - 8/24/2002 12:17:04 PM   
THE UNDERTAKER

So you just want me to simply hand you over a system averaging +62 units a year for the last 12 years. If that's the case, why don't we all just get rich. And what is it exactly that you are suspose to be bringing to the table anyway.

Or have you not even bothered spending 1 seconds to even try and develop an NBA system, since you expect me to just hand mine over to you.

Let me tell you something, I've spent months developing this system, and gave sweat and blood developing this system, and you expect me to hand it over to a knuckle head like you, who has nothing to offer in return.

The problem is that there is no one else on this entire board that even has a winning formula in the NBA hitting 55% or better over the last 12 years. I'm the only one. I should know, I ran the other formulas posted here for the NBA going back 12 yeaers, and they are all losing formulas.

SO EITHER EVERY ONE HERE DON'T KNOW HOW TO CREATE A WINNING FORMULA, OR THEY SIMPLY KEEP THEIR WINNING FORMULAS TO THEMSELVES AND JUST POST A BUNCH OF GARBAGE FORMULAS ON THIS BOARD. OR PERHAPS A COMBINATION OF BOTH. REGARDLESS, THEY ARE STILL LOSING FORMULAS.

Maybe in a few months or a year from now, after a few members really have spent countless hour after hour, developing some real winning formulas in the NBA that's hitting 55% or better over the last 12 years, and after they have become an advanced formula originator like myself, than I don't have a problem sharing info with such a member.

UNTIL THAN, SORRY NO FREE LUNCHES AND NO FREE RIDES. THERE ARE NO SHORT CUTS IN LIFE FOR THE AVERAGE JOE OUT THERE WHO WANT TO REAP THE REWARDS OFF SOMEONE ELSES COUNTLESS HOURS OF SWEAT, BLOOD AND HARD WORK. YOU HAVE TO EARN EVERYTHING YOU GET.

Post #: 5
RE: NEW IMPROVED NBA FORMULA RULES! - 8/24/2002 12:26:11 PM   
guju

I think you are making a real bad impression for yourself on this board... If you dont want to share then that's fine. You dont have to act like a real jerk. I'm sure everyone agrees that you just keep posting messages about how great your NBA formulas are and frankly if you are just gonna rub it in and not share then get lost. Nobody cares to here your crap over and over again.

Post #: 6
RE: NEW IMPROVED NBA FORMULA RULES! - 8/24/2002 12:47:05 PM   
THE UNDERTAKER

That not what I said! I'll repeat myself.

Maybe in a few weeks, a few months or a year from now, after a few members really have spent countless hour after hour, developing some real winning formulas in the NBA that's hitting 55% or better over the last 12 years, and after they have become an advanced formula originator like myself, than I don't have a problem sharing info with such a member.

I'm an advanced formula originator, which makes me of great value to any NBA capper. AND THE LAST TIME I CHECKED, THIS IS NOT A CHAT ROOM FOR MAKING FRIENDS! THIS IS A CHAT ROOM ABOUT MAKING MONEY!

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A CHAT ROOM FOR MAKING FRIENDS, THAN I SUGGEST YOU GO ELSEWHERE.

Post #: 7
RE: NEW IMPROVED NBA FORMULA RULES! - 8/24/2002 12:54:12 PM   
hellbringer507

~ K A R M A ~

This is the "Formula" life has chosen to run
Some understand it and some do not

Post #: 8
RE: NEW IMPROVED NBA FORMULA RULES! - 8/24/2002 6:28:33 PM   
guju

He probably dosent even understand what Karma is anyways...
hehe

Post #: 9
RE: NEW IMPROVED NBA FORMULA RULES! - 8/25/2002 5:31:08 AM   
moze

I got a dog that "hunkers-down" over his bone and growls when anyone comes near. Undertaker does that with his formulas. Right now he's hunkered-down over his computer. Someone should really tell him it's football season. I'd rather he told us all about the 90% winning football formulas he won't share. What a dufus. The guy wouldn't recognoize a winner if it bit him in the ass. Hey Undertaker...some of the words in this post are over 4 letters. Get someone to read them for you.

Post #: 10
RE: NEW IMPROVED NBA FORMULA RULES! - 8/25/2002 6:51:07 AM   
Rebel8

I will be impressed when you show a formula that hits 55% over the NEXT 12 years. Then I will honor your bragging rights. We are supposed to be taking from the books not tearing each other.

Rebel8

Post #: 11
RE: NEW IMPROVED NBA FORMULA RULES! - 8/25/2002 12:56:04 PM   
THE UNDERTAKER

sorry rebel8 no freebies!

Post #: 12
RE: NEW IMPROVED NBA FORMULA RULES! - 8/25/2002 1:04:32 PM   
THE UNDERTAKER

However, the great news is that for any member in here that actually have a real winning formula in the NBA hitting atleast 54% over the last 12 years like myself, than I'd be willing to share my 25 formula system that's up +775 units, an average of 64.6 units a year.

It message is plain and simple, you meet me half way and I'll meet you half way. And all the free loaders in here that just want to just get something and give back nothing in return can all kiss my ass.

Post #: 13
RE: NEW IMPROVED NBA FORMULA RULES! - 8/25/2002 4:43:10 PM   
hellbringer507

That seems a fair deal to me I guess. Maybe we can all work at this formaula stuff and try to out do each other and make things better for our own systems at the same time. Do you work with NFL sides also ?
And if I do happen to come up with some great formaula, then I guess I can only trade it with you and not share it ? And if you trade me one of yours then I guess I could not post it here ?
I guess the more I think about it the more I see both sides to it, some will only take and never give, but I do so hate rules and greed.
hummmmm................ BTW I have already posted about 10 times more formulas on forum than anyone else. They are, maybe not the holy grail but they are the best I have, and I put a shit load of work into them.
JEFF

Post #: 14
RE: NEW IMPROVED NBA FORMULA RULES! - 8/25/2002 10:51:10 PM   
THE UNDERTAKER

PERHAPS IN THE NEAR FUTURE I'LL ADD THE NFL AND COLLEGE FOOTBALL.
I don't have it know because just between college basketball where I'm hitting 58% , even much better than the NBA, I can generate over 1000 games a season, between the NBA and college hoops, which about the number of games I'd like to wager on each year.

But I did have great success on the nfl free downloaded version. However that program was lost earlier this year when I downloaded the actual NBA and college hoops. Unfortunalty I can't download the free version anymore, because it would over write all my existing files.
So the only way for me to get Football at this time is to buy it. which I may , or may not do.

Post #: 15
RE: NEW IMPROVED NBA FORMULA RULES! - 8/26/2002 3:57:26 PM   
DESERTSTORM

For a UNDERtaker,sure you want the OVER? LOL

Post #: 16
RE: NEW IMPROVED NBA FORMULA RULES! - 8/28/2002 2:06:46 PM   
Number Freak

Undertaker,

Have you actually used any of these SUPER formulas yet during an actual season with real money?

I developed NBA formulas last year and came up with one that was 61.3% ATS over 12 years and it went last year 27-31 for -7.1 units for me.

You see, you can develop all the best formulas you want. Hell, you have 25 of them, why not go for 50? Problem is, your backfitting the results. You're asking the computer to find you what has worked best for the last 12 years. Of course the numbers are going to be stellar but that doesn't guarantee anything for the upcoming season.

Anybody (if they have the time) can put countless hours coming up with succesful formulas from past seasons, you're not doing anything special. I did the same thing as you last year, so you're not the only one. Now, in my second year, I have to learn from my rookie year. Formulas don't mean jack unless you use them in proper context, which I haven't quite figured out yet but I'm working on it.

Best of luck to you. Maybe your formulas will work for you this year. Just be cautious. I don't want to see you lose your ass. You're talking like this is a proven system, but it is not.

Having said that, I used 5 formulas as a consensus last NBA season that had a combined ATS of around 65% for the previous 3 seasons and I ended up hitting around 54-55% with actual money after tweaking my picks which I guess still isn't too bad but if you're expecting 100 units a season, you're dreaming!

http://rack.2.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDE1LzAxLzE5L2QyL2RlZmxhdGVnYXRlLjdmYzM1LmpwZwpwCXRodW1iCTEyMDB4OTYwMD4/697ad4e4/3cc/deflategate.jpg

Post #: 17
RE: NEW IMPROVED NBA FORMULA RULES! - 8/29/2002 8:55:31 AM   
THE UNDERTAKER

HEY NUMBERS FREAK, I HAVE NEWS FOR YOU!

the reason why 90% of all formulas don't work is because they are to simpified. for example, a 1 unit formla will not work every year. A five unit system will not work every year. A 9 unit system will not work every year.

However, a 25 unit system does. Because I'm playing unanimously, meaning if just 1 of the 25 rules does not pass, than all bets are off. That explains why even in my worst year over the last 12 years I still cleared +20 units. And I actually did clear +100 units or better 3 of the last 12 years. So I am not dreaming regarding having a +100 unit season or better. I also cleared +50 units or better 9 of the last 12 years.

Besides, I'm a big bettor. I'l lay 3 dimes a game on every game for the entire season. Which means I still make over $60,000 in my worst year, and over $300,000 my best year.

But of course, I will not bet every game the system reccommends. I will still do my regular handicapping, and exclude the games that doesn't pass my handicapping philosophies. On wagerline, out of over 10,000 cappers I,m ranked in the top 5 of all time.

Post #: 18
RE: NEW IMPROVED NBA FORMULA RULES! - 8/29/2002 1:04:54 PM   
Number Freak

UNDERTAKER,

First of all, have you actually been wagering with this system for 12 years?

Secondly, and maybe I'm misunderstanding, but how do you come up with any picks that unanimously agree with 25 formulas out of 25? Again, I apologize if I'm missing the gist of your setup.

Lastly, you said you would be happy to share your system with anyone who has also put in the time to develop winning NBA formulas. Well, I have 5 or 6 from last year. Maybe we can trade 5 or 6 formulas for now. I'm still working on football right now but i'll have many more NBA formulas by the time they tip off.

Does that work for you?

http://rack.2.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDE1LzAxLzE5L2QyL2RlZmxhdGVnYXRlLjdmYzM1LmpwZwpwCXRodW1iCTEyMDB4OTYwMD4/697ad4e4/3cc/deflategate.jpg

Post #: 19
RE: NEW IMPROVED NBA FORMULA RULES! - 8/30/2002 12:25:56 PM   
THE UNDERTAKER

Well Numbers Freak, to clarify me playing unanimously, I will not play a "majority vote" because if just one of my rules don't pass , all bets are off. However "Unanimous" is what I play because just 1 rule passing is just as powerful as all 25. What is also important to me is that the other team couldn't pass none of the rules in order for it to be unanimous. Under unanimous 1-0 would pass, but 24-1 wouldn't. I would rather play the 1-0 than the 24-1, because the 24-1 still flunked one of my 25 rules. And that 1 Formulas vote is just as important as the other 24 combined.

I tested all 25 of my formulas on an individual basis and they hit between 53% up to 65% over the last 12 years, and all 25 together average 54.9% over the last 12 years.

but like I stated earlier anything less than a ten unit system is worthless to me, because it will not work every year, and will evenyually have a loosing year. You can't just test a system over the last 3 years. You have to test it over the last 12 years, and it needs to be atleast a 10 unit system or more.

So if you have about 5 or 6 formulas so far, you are half way their. You need to develop atleast another 5 fprmulas to come up with atleast 10, and than ,
a) run it over the last 12 years and make sure it's hitting atleast 54% or better, than

b) run each of the 10 formulas individually, and make sure they are all hitting atleast 53% or better. If not than that particular formular is a weakest link, and drop any formulas hitting under 53%. Remember all 10 formulas must hit atleast 53% or better over the last 12 years.

So numbers freak, once you,ve completed steps A,B and C, than we are ready to do business. But like I stated earlier, I know as a fact that any combined formula under 10 units, will eventually flop.
c) run your 10 system formula for each year individually 1990 season up to the 1991 season, 12 seasons total. Each year doesn't have to necessarily hit 54% or better, but each year should be a winning year.
However in "A above " all 12 years combined should hit 54% or better.

Post #: 20
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Sports Handicapping Resources] >> WinPicks Software Forum >> NEW IMPROVED NBA FORMULA RULES! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 Unicode